soya oil

Mugwump

New User
Visit site
Any information out there on the pros and cons of using soya oil to feed horses
I am more or less aware of the good statements, anyone got anything detrimental

Skhosu

Visit site
Mine went loopy on it, but he i svery loopy sometimes.
Didn't find it made any difference to weight.
Would reccomend a supplement called Equine COmplete, great coats, good weights and know they're getting everything.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
never had problems with my irish x but the TB went bananas!!! - but he is very sensitive!! Corn oil suited him better.

Fab for oldy that I have, coat weight the lot.

katiejaye

Visit site
I started using it last year and have found it fantastic. My boy lost a lot of weight and condition last winter and I was advised to use soya oil and a slow releasing energy supplement for putting on weight and condition. Louis has been looking fantastic since I put him on it and his coat positively gleams. I have had no side effects from it.

I started with a low dosage then increased it about a cup a day with the addition of selenium E. His condition improved within wks of being on it.

Twiglet

Visit site
I got a TB x who goes loopy on thin air (literally!) and can only be on Hi Fi Lite or the like without turning into an absolute stresshead maniac.
I started feeding soya oil about 18 months ago and the difference was amazing - his quite dull and 'starey' coat is now v shiny, he keeps a very healthy and even weight, and there's no fizz associated with it whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it's helped with his stiffness too.

Just my personal experience of it but I've become very evangelical about it, as it's wonderstuff in my eyes!

aran

community.webshots.com
fantastic stuff - puts on condition/shine and good source of slow release energy - it didnt send my TB loopy. Hes on linseed now though as he needs high omega 3 for his joints and soya is high omega 6!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Started Finni on it about 2 weeks ago and his coat is looking very shiny. Had a few loopy moments but not sure was due to Soya.

Am only feeding about half a cup at moment though to see how he goes.