Spanish riding school - thoughts those who went?

metalmare

Visit site
Sorry if someone has already posted on this.

But what did people think? I thought they were incredibly talented and beautiful horses! I couldn't believe the people sat in the row behind me on occasion critising them! Although lots of admiration, too. And I loved how the police took their saddles off while cantering - how on Earth do you do that?

izzyxxx

Visit site
oh my life i thought the police were great when they can in i said to my mum oh i love that horse its beautiful it ended up being the one the police man fell off but i was more amased by the horse jumping through that paper thingy where were you sitting and did you go to the clinic before hand

metalmare

Visit site
Oh you must have gone on a different night because no-one fell off (although one did look quiet batty and the rider was hanging on for dear life!). We were sat three rows from the front on one of the long sides - so we could see the horses really close. Couldn't help noticing the worried look and sigh of relief as one of the riders completed the courbette - LOL!

izzyxxx

Visit site
oh i think it was the biggest horse that the man fell off it was at the back but it got so strong he fell of because he hit the ring of fire quite scary really but he got back on and was ok i went on the thursday i think but it was so good i am so glad i went!!!!

metalmare

Visit site
Oh okay - I went on Saturday. Did you see the little iron grey youngster with the spanish riding school? Well, I say youngster... for one of those! Prob about 10.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I went last Saturday to see them at the NEC and thought they were fabulous! Classical dressage at it's best. They're amazing riders who demonstrate the upmost dedication to their sport and for that, they will always have my complete admiration. Highlights of the evening for me, aside from the airs above the ground had to be the performance of the long reining (the individual show).

Interestingly, a few people from my livery yard went the night before and certainly one was quite critical of them although his criticisms didnt hold much weight with me to be honest :p

I'll just continue to dream that one day I could be half as good as some of those riders
frown.gif

frannieuk

Visit site
I went on the Thurs when the police rider came off - he did well to get back on and finish as the horse was somewhat agitated! I thought the stallions were amazing, and the bond between them and the handlers was very clear to see. The young steel grey horse was brilliant, you could tell he thought it was great!! Well worth going and I wish I'd gone to the clinic beforehand.

izzyxxx

Visit site
dont worry i personally didn't think the clinic was very good they just explained how they warm up the horses first and get the trasitions right before moving on to anything else the long reining bit was good but there was non of the jumps i enjoyed the show much better i have told my brother that i am sending him there so he can break my youngster in lol considering hes 13 hes not to impressed lol but i though it was well worth it!! and the police man did well to get back on!