Spare Spaniel?

Clodagh

Visit site
Those of you who spend too much time on here may remember that I borrowed a liver and white springer bitch to help on the shoot. For various reasons it did not work out and she went back after a couple of days.
She really got to me though, right under my skin.
She has now come up for rehoming (pet) and I want her to have a nice home. She is a beautiful dog and just needs love to blossom. I am just getting on better with Smut and cannot take on another, as Smut ends up getting even less attention than she does now. I am so torn. It seems pointless me taking her to sit in a kennel here. Am agonised!

Clodagh

Visit site
I hardly slept last night but have decided I really can't. A month ago I would have sold Smut and kept Iz but now that occasionally I see that Smut might be a useful adult I want to keep going. I couldn't even really foster her as I have absolutely no time.
I may try to persuade them to let her go to a charity.

texas

Visit site
that's a shame. If it had been in another 6 months to a year I'd have been interested, given that she is a pet rather than a working dog, but sadly also not in a position ready for a dog yet. Hope she finds a nice home!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Why did it not work out? I work a lab and my young spaniel picking up (its his first season this year)
Could be worth putting some training into her!

Clodagh

Visit site
Clodagh. Why did she not work out with you ? I have a friend looking for a springer for shooting. Can you pm me more details.

She is gun shy. That isn't why I didn't keep her longer, as we needed a dogging in dog, but no use for proper shooting.

Clodagh

Visit site
I hate posts like this (not a dig at you at all). I always want to give them all a home. 😂

I do this one! Actually your post gives some context, there are thousands of dogs looking for homes, why worry about a specific one. (She goes off...worrying...)

Clodagh

Visit site
How much do they want for her?

I don't know. She does have a temporary reprieve, although I don't have a lot of faith long term. She went to one home already, who knew her issues, but as she was so easy he took her shooting the day after he got her. She didn't cope and was returned. She is now living in the house and spending her days with the Owners OH, going to work with him and so on, to try and get her more bonded with someone. So, at the moment she is OK, I imagine that gives her the winter.

JillA

Visit site
I know someone who is currently dogless after having rehomed one failed working cocker than another as pets. Might be interested but they are in Shropshire. I'll message you my email if you think it might work, and you can let me have more details/photographs?