Sparrow at Tweseldown yesterday - amazing day!

RobinHood

Visit site
Went to Tweseldown yesterday with Oli and Sparrow, they were in the Intermediate which is run over the PN course.

The dressage warmup was packed (they used the tiny bit and put the sj where the warmup is for BE) and the ground was very hard so Sparrow didn't warm up too well. They went over to their arena and as they were trotting round it all suddenly came together. Oli said afterwards that as she was trotting round she thought to herself, "come on spaz, we've been doing this together for 5yrs so pull your socks up!". Their test was absolutely lovely, definitely the best they've ever done so spaz got lots of hugs and polos
laugh.gif

Went to walk the xc and we thought it was more testing than the PN has been previosuly but there wasn't anything oli was worried about. Walked back past the scoreboard and saw that their dressage score was up. Now bear in mind that Oli's had spaz for 5yrs and to date their best mark has been 34 and the worst 41, we couldn't believe it when we saw they got 22 and best dressage !!!! Phoned my mum, phoned my dad, phoned my friend, oli was ecstatic! (more hugs and polos for spaz!)

We waited a while for them to build the showjumping so ended up standing around grappling for the shade. They were using the plastic set of jumps and they were all on a slope or a camber so it wasn;t a particularly nice course. The first few people had a bit of trouble with refusals and poles all over the place, and then the person before oli fell off so we could see it wasn't riding too well. Anyway sparrow jumped a nice fluent round but had one down, which isn't like him but it seemed like lots of people were going to get sj penalties.

Onto the xc, oli was warned that i f she missed a fence out at this point she would be walking home
wink.gif
and I positioned myself by the last fence wih the camera. It was nerve racking because he's never had a xc fault at this level but you still know something could go wrong! They jumped a lovely clear round so then we just had the wait to see how they did time-wise.

Washed spaz off and walked him round and then wandered back over to the scoreboard. Oli's score was the only one up and they'd finished on 26.0
grin.gif
and we could see that the person with a dressage score of 25 had sj penalties so they'd won!

Let's just say that for once we didn;t mind hanging around for another 4hrs for the presentation because we were all so pleased
grin.gif
. Funnily enough it was the dressage oli was so pleased with because it all finally came together, the rosette for best dressage meant more than the one for winning. Sorry this is so long, we haven't really come back down to earth yet!

Photos:
DSC_2196.jpg

DSC_2156.jpg

DSC_2181.jpg

DSC_2188.jpg

DSC_2203.jpg

DSC_2289.jpg

DSC_2362.jpg

DSC_2371.jpg

DSC_2442.jpg

DSC_2447.jpg

DSC_2450.jpg

DSC_2453.jpg

DSC_2454.jpg

DSC_2463.jpg

DSC_2465.jpg

lucym

Visit site
what a brilliant result, and fab photos, i love sparrow, remeber seeing pics of him a few years back
grin.gif
smile.gif

NR99

Visit site
Excellent result - love your photos especially as it is daughter and friends walking behind you to the Cross Country in the 2nd one well done you!
grin.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
Well done you both look fab...... I wondered what was going on at Tweseldown .... I was hacking over the MOD land thats adjacent and merlin kept listening to the tannoy!!!
smile.gif