Speedgate hunter trials, south east / kent

Kelly1982

Visit site
I'm doing them
grin.gif

Haven't got a clue what i am jumping though as my friend put in the entries!!! She said we are doing the 2'6 but then last night she said we're doing the 1st class
confused.gif

Haven't seen the schedule so anyone got one i can take a look at??

Vicki1986

Visit site
OPEN NOVICE HUNTER TRIAL

To be held at Speedgate Farm, Mussenden Lane, Fawkham, Kent DA3 8NJ

by kind permission of Chris Hollands & Family

SUNDAY 1st april 2007

(in the event of postponement due to weather or ground, this event will run on 8th April 2007)

Class 1 ABSOLUTE NOVICE PAIRS

(9.30am)

Jumps approx 2'3" - 2’6”. One rider combination of each pair not to have been placed in any Hunter Trial .

Prizes: 1st: The WDRC 1998 Challenge Cups

Entry Fees: £22.00 WDRC Members: £16.00 Late Entries: £26.00

Class 2 ABSOLUTE NOVICE

Jumps approx 2'3" - 2’6”. Horse/Pony/Rider as a pair never to have been placed in any Hunter Trial

Prizes: 1st: The Reekwood Challenge Trophy. Rosette for highest placed rider 16 years and under

Rosettes awarded for all clear rounds not placed.

Entry Fees: £11.00 WDRC Members: £8.00 Late Entries: £13.00

Class 3 NOVICE PAIRS

Jumps approx 2'6" - 2’9”.

Prizes: 1st: The WDRC 1998 Challenge Cups

Entry Fees: £24.00 WDRC Members: £18.00 Late Entries: £28.00

Class 4 NOVICE

Jumps approx 2'6" - 2’9”

Prizes: 1st: The Goring Perpetual Challenge Cup

Rosette for the highest placed rider 16 years and under. Rosettes awarded for all clear rounds not placed.

Entry Fees: £12.00 WDRC Members: £9.00 Late Entries: £14.00

ALL ENTRY FEES INCLUDE £2 REFUNDABLE BIB DEPOSIT
£2 first aid fee payable on entry form

Secretary : Charlotte Sunderland, 20 Halifax Close, Walderslade, Kent ME5 7QR

Telephone: 07904 392 320

CONTACT NUMBER ON SHOW DAY: 07904 392 320

For confirmation of event running ONLY, please ring 07904 392 320

on Friday 30th March 7-9pm.

The Course will be available for inspection after 2.30 pm on Saturday 31st March 2007

ENTRIES CLOSE: Wednesday 28th March 2007

Kelly1982

Visit site
Thanks for that Vicki
smile.gif

Do you know if you can put entries in on the day??

We have put ours in for the pairs already but if she goes well then i would like to see if she would go it alone but obvioulsy that depends on what happens on the day.

Vicki1986

Visit site
I think so i'm not too sure im sure you will be able to.

i cant wait this is the event im most looking forward to this year, hope it doesnt go pear shaped!!!! i like doing the shows on home turf its nice to gets more support than usual

Kelly1982

Visit site
I'm really looking forward to it to as its our first XC ever!!! I might not be so excited once she has dumped me though LOL

ss1

Visit site
There will be an optimum time set but it is unlikely to be published. They don't run fastest time competitions anymore for safety reasons.

Generally the pace is set at about 400 metres a minute which they say is a good hunting pace but is actually pretty slow. I have always been to quick at PC level so if you are travelling fast then I find a walk through a section in the woods works wonders! You probably want to be travelling at medium canter to be on target time wise.

Drummer

Visit site
Last year our time in the pairs class there was uqual to third or first even though we had a couple of refusals at one jump. It was like the 3rd from home too, v dissapointing but our horses were fab! Cannot wait for this yay!!

CJ1

Visit site
The lorry is booked, the 'colours' are cleaned and pressed. Havent actually jumped the boy since December but thats not a worry.
Would love to do pairs but am "friend-less" at the moment so looks like we go it alone, fast and furious!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There will be an optimum time set but it is unlikely to be published. They don't run fastest time competitions anymore for safety reasons.

Generally the pace is set at about 400 metres a minute which they say is a good hunting pace but is actually pretty slow. I have always been to quick at PC level so if you are travelling fast then I find a walk through a section in the woods works wonders! You probably want to be travelling at medium canter to be on target time wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

400mpm is actually the same pace that GP SJ'ing events are run at, so it is actually quite quick in SJ'ing terms, but i guess fairly slow in x-country terms lol!

Vicki1986

Visit site
I know this sounds very dim, but where can you get a speed o meter thingyamebob that you can use to see how fast 400mpm actually is?! i know you wont be allowed to use a timer in the comp, i just want to know what roughly the speed actually is, especially as we have shorter than average legs therefore cover less ground less ground than most of our taller counterparts

pootler

Visit site
What you could do is measure one of your strides, then pace out however many metres you want (say 100 metres) and then mark each end of the distance with a sticky up stick or whatever.

Then work out how quickly you need to be between the two points. You can then know the exact distance so you can then use a stopwatch or countdown timer (I have one on my phone!) and practise until you know how fast your canter needs to be.

Easy for me to say, I have had great intentions of doing this but haven't as yet!

CJ1

Visit site
400mpm...miles per minute? hahaha I know Willow is fast but thats going to be a blur!

Find a local school running track and race round it in a minute
laugh.gif
...or as Pootle says mark out 100m or 400m if you've got the space and practice with a stop watch.

Personally i just want to get round in one piece, with my lungs intact.

Vicki1986

Visit site
Thats the problem with hunter trials there is no fag break in the middle is there!!!

thanks pootle thats an idea i may try we have one those waklie wheelie thingies that measure as you walk so i could easily measure a stretch