speedibeet

spooks

Visit site
whats the life span once its made up ? if i was to make it up for the horse night feed would it be ok to also use the next morning , approx 15 hours. or do i need to make fresh each feed ? currently make fresh each time but never get it right and always end up chucking a load out!

leanne123

Visit site
i normally make a bucket full at a time and that does my 18.3hh gelding 4 feeds, which at 2 per day takes 2 days to use.
when the weather gets colder though i will make it with hot water, so when its ready it will be warm rather than cold. my horse also prefers it warm on a nippy morning.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
It is excellent especially if like me you tend to forget to put your sugarbeet to soak the night before! Seems to keep for ages if in a dry bin.

spooks

Visit site
its very convienent! 10 minute soak and your done. im feeding two and the bag lasted about a month but i never get the amount right and have been chucking the leftovers out until now as ive been informed that it will last up to a couple of days! i think its around £4 a bag , not sure really as dont look at prices for stuff i have to have for the neds lol.. horses seem to like it to..can send you some to try if you want ? PM me if you want some

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It should ceratinly keep for a couple of days however it definately depends on the weather. When the weather is hot it seems to ferment. It starts to smell like stale beer? a bit rancid, then you must sling it.

I remember it first coming on the market, everyone was a bit dubious of it because ordinary sugarbeet took hours tro soak & no one truisted Speedibeet claims. Now we use it without giving it a second thought.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Sorry to butt in but does speedy beat or sugar beat make a horse excitable or is it like giving a horse a treat.

I have heard that is good to give them for that extra ummmph when riding?? is this true?

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
Its about £7ish a bag and we find it really good, we make up a small tub for 6 horses they get a scoop each am/pm and the tub we uses lasts about 3 feeds, in the summer we were only feed 2 horses and it was still lasting about 3-4 days.

vicm2509

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to butt in but does speedy beat or sugar beat make a horse excitable or is it like giving a horse a treat.

I have heard that is good to give them for that extra ummmph when riding?? is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

My horse is on bog standard sugar beet, and yes he has a lot more energy in him, which for me is a good thing as he is quite lazy. I think its the molasses that heats them up and from what I understand the speedibeet is unmolassed.

riotgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish it had this effect on my Welshie
grin.gif