Spider's first novice @ Burnham Market

sw123

Visit site
Spider headed to Norfolk this weekend to be terribly grown up at his first novice. Em had 2 others running, one in the novice and one intermediate so decided to go down the night before and work them all their, walk the courses etc before stabling nearby. Ground wasnt fabulous on Saturday afternoon and did look rather desert like but they said they were going to do more work on it over night and as were there thought we would stay and see what it was like in the morning.

Lovely stabling and Auntie had a room in one of the cottages for the night which made it all very civilised and somewehre I would recommend if you want a horsey hol away in Norfolk http://www.norfolkdisabled-friendlycottages.co.uk/

Next morning they had actually worked onthe ground so we thought aim for a steady school round and see how it went.

Spider warmed up beautifully for dressage, he's so much more established now so everything looks great, however after his exciting test at Burghley we cant take anything for granted! Everything was lovely, didnt do the rein back as he hasnt been doing it yet but silly judge watched them halt, not rein back and then walk on again and as they were well off round the corner then beeped her horn for error of course (!). Em still didnt do it (she got a 1 for the rein back and - 2 for error of course) and then when she put her leg on for medium canter Spider went from beautiful canter to full on yee haa if you want me to go i'll go and put me head between my legs and bronk too. Did come back to more beautiful trot though!

Was expecting something horrific score wise but was quite suprised and pleased with 38. coming to say we had a 1, a -2 and 4 for the bronking the rest was very well marked!!

Onto the SJ whcih was very much up to height but a lovely fair course and he jumped the round of his life, he was fabulous and it makes him so exciting for the future when you see him jump like that. A beautiful clear.

The XC was kind for a first novice, had all the questions - log to a big corner, two skinnies on a short right angled turn, big log into water etc but Em felt confident and wanted to aim for all the quick routes but just canter round schooling him. This she did and they got a lovely clear, she came back grinning from ear to ear and said he was seriously cool with not a dodgy moment anywhere They did get 29 time faults but not at all worried about that (although about 4 less and they'd have been 10th - he finished 12th!!

So Mr Spider has his first grown up point, clever boy!! Very proud of him although we do need to sort out the fun he seems to think there is to be had in dressage arenas!! See what happens at Kelsall and Oasby novices now!

KatB

Visit site
That is pretty impressive! Bet you are
grin.gif
and rightly so!!

Gamebird

Visit site
That really is super-duper. Points on a first outing
shocked.gif
. Inspiring! I shall print your report out (minus the dressage bit
mad.gif
) and show it to Spider's little not-quite-half-brother. Who knows, in a year's time......