Spirit

Tarragon

Visit site
My Avatar is taken from the film Spirit, which came out in 2002 originally. My youngest daughter had her 19th birthday today and requested we watched it again. So we dug out the scratched dvd and sat down to watch it for the first time for about 15 years and OMG, it is just as good as I remember. Lovely film.
I remember reading somewhere how much effort they put into getting the hand drawn pictures of the horses as accurate as possible, with the only exception being the addition of eyebrows to add expression.
I think I base my horsemanship on Little Creek...

crazyandme

Visit site
I watched it with my non-horsey bf recently, and despite him not being keen on cartoons and knowing next to nothing about horses, he thoroughly enjoyed it. It has aged incredibly well, and it has such a nice feel good story to it as well!

hobo

Visit site
Great film I watched it when laying on the sofa knocked out with Nora virus (remember that!) and cried a lot through it. Also my first horse was a dun and I have a coloured so I felt deeply connected to the horses but could not believe how a cartoon could have that affect.

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
My 3yo has just got into this-we watched it today! (and yesterday, and the day before,and the day before that.......) Gotta love a bit of Bryan Adams as well.

Tarragon

Visit site
It is funny that I think that of it as a Black Beauty story for Americans, but my 20 year old daughter insists it is a metaphor for colonialism! different generations.... different view points ?