splintex gold

L

lilym

i know this should be in vets but more response in here! anyone used it and does it work??

Zebedee

Visit site
I'm using splintex silver on a fresh splint & its been really effective. A friend has used the splintex gold (for splints over 60 days old) with greart success on a show horse.
I would say that these are both good products that do just what they claim.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yep, it is really good. I posted pictures a while ago of the result of this although I am nearing the end of using it on the splint now and it really has gone down - Ill post before and now pics ASAP.

I couldnt believe it would work, I showed my vet what it had in it and he didnt think it would do anything, but I gave it a go as there's not much else to do with a wopping splint! Been using it a while now, maybe about 6 weeks and on and off - not every single day (I forget!). The skin does seem to flake off a bit but doesnt seem to have been sore for my boy at any point. I havent been working him though (he's on holiday!) but think he would have been fine to do so.

It hasnt gone completely by any means, but it definately has changed shape and gone right down which is amazing as it had been there about 5 months so I figured it was here to stay! And it was a very big splint. I think in future Id probably look for the first sign of a splint then put on the Splintex Silver (although it requires box rest I believe, whereas Gold doesnt).

sherwood'

Visit site
brilliant- cant reccomened it enuf- search for other posts there have been lots of peopel using it. Removed an egg shaped split compeltely wihtout any harm to horse unlike dmso!

Caritas

Visit site
Ive been using it for 6 months on my horses splint and it has not made much of a difference if any, very disappointed