Splintex!!!

bellgave

Visit site
Have just started using splintex gold on one of my horses who has an old splint. The instructions on the bottle are a bit bassic. Does anyone know how to apply it, according to the bottle I just brush it on to the splint 3 days in a row then give it 2 days off and repeat untill splint has gone. Do I not need to scrub it and is once a day enough?

Kirsti1

Visit site
hi, i used it last winter but unfortunatley my horses splints are to old and set in for it to help much.
don't rub it in, just paint lightly on, if you use it for ages like i did (in desperation) it will make the hair go scurfy, don't over use it. my horses skin did blister after a while, only a tiny patch but decided not to carry on. good luck with it, hopefully it will work for you.
kirsti

Saber

Visit site
I used a comfrey cream which was recomended to me... again it recomended using it for a period then a rest before reusing. It didn't really make a difference. I've heard some friends have great results from splint applications so its worth a go.. good luck
smile.gif

I'm resigned to the fact that splints are formed for a reason... My mare needs the extra bone the splint gives, otherwise she wouldn't have formed it... so why fight nature. Obviously I'd rather she didn't have it though, lol.
wink.gif

Rain