Splintex!!

Caritas

Visit site
Right I know that there have been several posts about this product in the past but I would like to ask a couple of questions from people that have successfully and unsuccessfully used it. Firstly, has anyone put it on quite thick and daily rather than lightly and 3 days on, two days off like advised? Did the hair come off and scab up quite bad? Who then carried on using it? Did it eventually get smaller and did the hair grow back? For those who stopped using it for a few days and then continued the proccess what was your end result please? Basically I was using the same pot of splintex for about 4 months and it didnt really work, when the area started to get scurfy, Id stop for a few days as directed. Now I have purchase a new pot and have used about a third of it in two weeks, the area had slightly scabbed, hair has gone and I am still using it. I think the splint has started to get smaller but am really not sure! Any views, interest, advice or experiences greatly welcome. The continual usage of the splintex is on the advice from my vet as we have quite a major problems with the size of this horses splints. He is never worked on hard ground, turned out in boots and on the walker in boots, bandages when working in the school. There is really nothing I can do to prevent them. Sorry to gabble on, lets here your views. Thanks in advance.

Bess

Visit site
I have splintex silver, I think, the one for newer splints. I used it as described on the instructions and there has been no reduction in the splint at all.

Zebedee

Visit site
I've been using the Silver & the splint I was using it on has reduced quite a lot, but the splint is now over 60 days old so I shall switch to the gold.
I used it as per the directions, lightly with three days on & 2 days off. The area did get quite scurfy, but I just carried on & applied if it was a 'put some on' day. Bandaging the splint definatly helps the process.

mitchellk

Visit site
Horse developed a splint in the summer after being kicked in field. Was given splintex silver by a friend to try but due to the fact that I then went abroad grooming for two months, didn't use it. However person looking after him for me did put N.E.W magnetic boots on when stabled (12 hrs per day). Now 6 months later not even a lump and he is totally sound despite also having capped a hock and being arthritic! was surprised by this as I am a big sceptic of these types of therapies

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ive been using the Gold for about the past 2 months (not regularily lately, I keep forgetting!). It HAS made a difference to my boys MASSIVE splint. Its far smoother and definately smaller. I took a pic at the beginning and a while ago, just need to take a pic now, Ill post them on the forum when I get round to it.

I tend to dip the brush in and wipe the excess off round the edge before putting on. But I think I did put on a bit more than I probably should have coz I didnt think a thin layer would get past his hair! For the first month I was putting it on pretty much every day but not religeosly, I certainly didnt do it strictly 3 days on, 2 off. The splint did go a little bit funny at one point, not scabby as such - just little black bits flaked off but you wouldnt have known as it didnt effect the hair over the top (it never fell out). And my boys a rather sensitive chap.

My bottle has lasted ages - well, about 2 months.

The best way to tell if its smaller is take photos at set points (like once a month) and compare.

I think, like everything, some things work for some but not others. Ill post pics for you at some point so you can see what my boys looks like. I probably would buy it again.