Spoiling for an argument......

dressedkez

Visit site
Having a terrible a week at work, and whilst I am not on benefits - yet, likely to be so as my Council has all but declared itself as bankrupt! Thus, could be unemployed by April, and then will be on benefits trying to sustain 4 kids and 3 stabled horses.......
I hate all the evangelisitic posts on this forum - about how we are all crap re still shoeing our horses, and occassionally waving a stick at them if they are badly behaved....
Then I also have to get my head around what I feed the darlings - micronised linseed V a bit of Spillers (or own brand stuff......) Far too taxing.....
Then I have to worry about getting my nag the right saddle / the right instructor/ the right amount of bling on his bridle.......
Then I worry about what my YO might be posting about me - I am the YO - so doubly worried....arghhh
I am so clearly old fashioned to remember a time before masses of consumerable durables (NZ rugs made of nice light fabrics/ saddles that did not have a linen lining - a groom called Perkins........?)
Clearly feeling sorry for myself - is anyone else?? Does someone wnat to pick a fight re the above - well up for it!! xx

Asha

Visit site
when your made redundant just make sure you sell off all of your horses ASAP. As a tax payer i dont want to pay for yours as well

Auslander

Visit site
I feel that there is little posted on this forum that could not be resolved by sticking a set of shoes on, shovelling some mix down its throat, and giving it a jolly good thrashing once in a while...

dressedkez

Visit site
when your made redundant just make sure you sell off all of your horses ASAP. As a tax payer i dont want to pay for yours as well

Of course, shall I PM you, with their details?
Though as one who has paid tax for 25 years plus - for how long am I am allowed to live off the state?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Just have them shot. Job's a goodun. :cool:

Ach not really, I'm not horrible so I hope thing work out for you and you can sort things out.

Picking fights with folk who would probably like to help you, at least "virtually", isn't going to help you.

Asha

Visit site
Of course, shall I PM you, with their details?
Though as one who has paid tax for 25 years plus - for how long am I am allowed to live off the state?

Personally id say 6 months, after that your clearly bone idle.

Ill happily give you a quote for your neddies. I expect them to be total saints, bomb proof to hack on motorways, capable of dressage up to elementary, jumping upto 1.40, no vices, with tack and sound. All for £1500

dressedkez

Visit site
Personally id say 6 months, after that your clearly bone idle.

Ill happily give you a quote for your neddies. I expect them to be total saints, bomb proof to hack on motorways, capable of dressage up to elementary, jumping upto 1.40, no vices, with tack and sound. All for £1500

Thanks Xmasha - you can always rely on this forum to kick self pity into touch.........and yes agree with all you say, and yes you can have all 3 for £1500 each (and you do realise that you have contracted to buy now........)
1. I was given - so £1500 all profit (though he did win 5 point to points for us - but he has a little bit of a leg problem, but perfectly sound now)
2. We bought at Ascot in June 2011 for £400 - he has been a star (getting placed in XC and SJ) but £1500 still a profit - so fine!
3, Given the youngster for the winter to add value too - IDXTB being a saint - but £1500 seems OK to me....
They all than more adequately fit your criteria
4, Shall I give you my BACS details for the total of £4.5K ?? a real bargain I would say....!!

dressedkez

Visit site
Just have them shot. Job's a goodun. :cool:

Ach not really, I'm not horrible so I hope thing work out for you and you can sort things out.

Picking fights with folk who would probably like to help you, at least "virtually", isn't going to help you.

I think I was going for a bit of a tongue in cheek thing here..........? I will sort it all out, but just felt that a slightly provocative post might be a bit interesting?

Asha

Visit site
Thanks Xmasha - you can always rely on this forum to kick self pity into touch.........and yes agree with all you say, and yes you can have all 3 for £1500 each (and you do realise that you have contracted to buy now........)
1. I was given - so £1500 all profit (though he did win 5 point to points for us - but he has a little bit of a leg problem, but perfectly sound now)
2. We bought at Ascot in June 2011 for £400 - he has been a star (getting placed in XC and SJ) but £1500 still a profit - so fine!
3, Given the youngster for the winter to add value too - IDXTB being a saint - but £1500 seems OK to me....
They all than more adequately fit your criteria
4, Shall I give you my BACS details for the total of £4.5K ?? a real bargain I would say....!!

Sorry Dressedkez, i dont do self pity. You strike me as someone who is incredibley strong, and would find the 'oh dear im so sorry for you posts' rather annoying. I would imagine you find situations like this a challenge, one that youll happily take on and beat !!

£1500 - now thats for all 3 !!!

Come on dressedkez !!!!!!!!!!

dressedkez

Visit site
I'll have them, and next week sell them abroad, ;) for 40th each, do you want to sell the kids as well?

Uhmmm had not thought of that - but good point well made.....so I am offering a 23 yar old that used to ride P2P, and is still quite slender, a 21 YO who is a good PC type rider (correct) (sympathetic) a 15 year old who is no rider (per se) but whose horse loves him because he rides at the bridle end and is so laid back, that the horse performs wonderfully well for him) and a 11 year old who does not do horses at all but is an ace football / rug by player....what am I offered??

mik

Visit site
Are they trained with naturalpersonmanship, or are they unnatural? I wont be providing shoes for their hooves, or do these human things have feet, can they go unshod? Also do they load, tie and bond well ;)

dressedkez

Visit site
Sorry Dressedkez, i dont do self pity. You strike me as someone who is incredibley strong, and would find the 'oh dear im so sorry for you posts' rather annoying. I would imagine you find situations like this a challenge, one that youll happily take on and beat !!

£1500 - now thats for all 3 !!!

Come on dressedkez !!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear and all I wanted was a bit of sympathy, but you are right, but how do you get that vibe from one simple, woe is me post? And no you can't have all for £1500 - though ask again in a month or two - I might give you £1500 to take on one of them (for life...........) xx

TheoryX1

Visit site
Ooh er OP, have had a bad week myself. Have just eaten a huge Tesco's desert now and feel crap. Am now eyeing up the alcohol that I have in the house with a view to scoffing that as well. Feel very fat.

Well, I am even worse than you. I am working long long days, so the cob gets chucked out from Monday to Friday. He is rugged up, but he's only checked once day, either by Mini TX or one of the other liveries. I am also considering him going barefoot, but at 19 it just must be cruel. I put a 5 year old rug on him the other night, it was patched up and one of the surcincles were missing. I feed him and Mini TX's eventer the crappiest, cheapest feed that our feed merchants supplies and no supplments, apart from glucosamine for my oldie. I ride in a snaffle, dont use gadgets and now dont bother to school my horse either. Oh dear, please pick a fight with me ......... I am such a bad horse owner.

dressedkez

Visit site
Ooh er OP, have had a bad week myself. Have just eaten a huge Tesco's desert now and feel crap. Am now eyeing up the alcohol that I have in the house with a view to scoffing that as well. Feel very fat.

Well, I am even worse than you. I am working long long days, so the cob gets chucked out from Monday to Friday. He is rugged up, but he's only checked once day, either by Mini TX or one of the other liveries. I am also considering him going barefoot, but at 19 it just must be cruel. I put a 5 year old rug on him the other night, it was patched up and one of the surcincles were missing. I feed him and Mini TX's eventer the crappiest, cheapest feed that our feed merchants supplies and no supplments, apart from glucosamine for my oldie. I ride in a snaffle, dont use gadgets and now dont bother to school my horse either. Oh dear, please pick a fight with me ......... I am such a bad horse owner.

Try a Rennie or two - and why would I pick a fight with you? You sound like the type of pragmatist I might get on with??

Littlelegs

Visit site
Suggest you look up the 'horse owners on benefits' thread, & identify some people to fight with. The fact you already have kids/horses & have worked is irrelevant, they'll be a nice bit of moral outrage anyway. Or. Just start a thread saying you fully clip your horse & rug it even though its not in heavy work.

dressedkez

Visit site
Suggest you look up the 'horse owners on benefits' thread, & identify some people to fight with. The fact you already have kids/horses & have worked is irrelevant, they'll be a nice bit of moral outrage anyway. Or. Just start a thread saying you fully clip your horse & rug it even though its not in heavy work.

Blooming heck - you have done your homework - doubt I will ever try to start a post in the future..........

TheoryX1

Visit site
Pragmatism is my middle name. We just have to get on with it, dont we. I have just sourced 3 bottles of Moet, from under my sink and am eyeing it up with a view to consuming it. Fancy coming over and drinking it all?

To make matters worse I will drag my muddy, unclipped cob in from the field tomorrow, take him for a hack and will only groom the bits where the tack touches. Mini TX has a skewbald with a white bum, and she will leave the stable stains on it to join me out hacking. I wont bother with breeches (cant do them up after all the pudding I have eaten), so will pull on a pair of leggings and wellies. I will wear a hat though.

Got no Rennies in the house, but found an old tin of Andrews Liver Salts.

Now, Moet ......

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I'll put a bid in for the two human riders thanks! Assuming that they come with feed and rugs for a year or so? Is 50p each ok? I have transport so can collect :)

Joking aside I really hope you don't lose your job but should the worst occur I agree with Oberon, as a Barefoot Taliban hanger onerer, you can't have my tax money to buy your horses shoes, however, I approve of chocolate and alcohol so you're allowed to spend your benefit money on those!

Ps, never mind clipping, sell all your rugs and leave em furry ;)

Littlelegs

Visit site
Lol, not done any homework. I just remember the benefits thread. And the fully clipping thing I do, despite the 300 posts I regularly see about it being somehow wrong to do so.

Asha

Visit site
Pragmatism is my middle name. We just have to get on with it, dont we. I have just sourced 3 bottles of Moet, from under my sink and am eyeing it up with a view to consuming it. Fancy coming over and drinking it all?

To make matters worse I will drag my muddy, unclipped cob in from the field tomorrow, take him for a hack and will only groom the bits where the tack touches. Mini TX has a skewbald with a white bum, and she will leave the stable stains on it to join me out hacking. I wont bother with breeches (cant do them up after all the pudding I have eaten), so will pull on a pair of leggings and wellies. I will wear a hat though.

Got no Rennies in the house, but found an old tin of Andrews Liver Salts.

Now, Moet ......

oohhh champagne!!

I wouldnt advise drinking that alone, its not good for you. Cant you save that for tomorrow ?? Already had a few vinos after a long week at work. If you keep it on ice til tomorrow, i will gladly help console you?

Ellen Durow

Visit site
That's a little harsh. Let's hope you remain a tax payer and don't find yourself out of work through no fault of your own.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Oh dear, I'm in more trouble than I realised, completely clipped my boy out today too! How awful of me!

Does look smart though, just like a real show cob!

TheoryX1

Visit site
oohhh champagne!!

I wouldnt advise drinking that alone, its not good for you. Cant you save that for tomorrow ?? Already had a few vinos after a long week at work. If you keep it on ice til tomorrow, i will gladly help console you?

You are on! Bit of a drive though. Mind you, Jaegermeister is my downfall, that gets messy.