Sports Horse International

Halfpass

Visit site
Thinking of going to look at his 2 / 3 year old next week, had a chat with him and he seems like a nice enough chap. Does anyone know why a filly would be cheaper than a gelding.

Rambo

Visit site
I see them jumping at Royal Leisure quite regularly but have no experience of their horses i'm afraid. If they're offering a 30 day exchange warranty, try to get it extended to 90 days
grin.gif
All registered dealers have to offer some form of warranty anyway I think and 90 days is more reasonable imo
crazy.gif

*kitz*

Visit site
Is this with Steve Lamb? if so, id deffo recommend him. Friend bought a lovely 4yo from him and his just getting better and better as time goes by. Steve was very honest and offered as much help as my friend wanted/needed.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Not bad for a dealer, but he is a dealer! I think you will find their warranty is 90 days / 3 months, or that was what was offered to my friend.

I have a lot of friends who have bought from him, some lovely horses, some not so nice (although to be fair not so nice were taken back and exchanged).

Looking with a friend recently who found a horse she liked there, I had a few reservations, but then I am THE most suspicisious horse buyer particularly where dealers are concerned. To be fair, they were very patient with my friend who went back numerous times to try the horse and were perfectly pleasant when she decided not to go with that one.

In the end she bought a horse from Elliot Rowe who is based Lewes way and I have to say personally I much preferred Elliot's sales technique and care, but that is just my personal opinion. Plus my friend has ended up with an absolutely cracking youngster who in my opinion was much better value for money than the other horse, which had some conformation and behaviour issues.

As with all horse buying, just keep your eyes open and don't be rushed into anything.

Emily99

Visit site
Think i may be the one Kitz is talking about.

brought my boy a month after he was backed.. went to see him with various people 3 times, took him on a hack, walked him through a trailor... got my own vet in...

Steve was just so reasonable.

and a 4yr old by Parco at his price.. bargain
laugh.gif
especially with his temperament!!!