Spot the hose leak

SEL

Visit site
You'd have all the rabbits gathering there at night in my field! Driving me mad digging holes in the burnt grass and solid ground - keep filling them in with horse poo thinking that one day it'll rain again and perhaps it'll fertilize everything.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have a little green strip like that under the overhang of the field shelter ?

Tempted to puncture the hose pipe to make some more ?

Why is it the nettles are still green when the grass is all burnt to a crisp??

Polos Mum

Visit site
I have a little green strip like that under the overhang of the field shelter ?

Tempted to puncture the hose pipe to make some more ?

Worth trying them on nettles - a couple of mine love them once they've dried out a bit. I pull them and just leave them junked in the field - they are always gone in a couple of days.

The thistles they scoff as soon as they are pulled (which I don't understand)

milliepops

Visit site
Worth trying them on nettles - a couple of mine love them once they've dried out a bit. I pull them and just leave them junked in the field - they are always gone in a couple of days.

The thistles they scoff as soon as they are pulled (which I don't understand)
Mine pull the nettles up but won't eat them ;) thistle flowers are a delicacy though it seems ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My nettles are all dying back now, withering up. Little A not impressed as she's been having a bunch of cut ones in the evening, the last few days she has sneered at my increasingly withered stalks.

SEL, yes, blooming rabbits must have metal claws to dig!
I have 3 x fence posts to replace, just not even worth thinking about doing at present.

milliepops

Visit site
I've even got tiny green docks making another attempt! There must be some moisture deep down somewhere ?‍? bleddy weeds?

asmp

Visit site
I’ve never known it this bad in the 11 years I’ve been at this yard. We strip graze so have a bit left (of dried up grass and weeds) for another week or so but the field that I shut off a few weeks ago hasn‘t grown at all. That field is supposed to be my autumn grazing ?.

Last year we had enough grass up until Xmas (which was a first too)

scats

Visit site
I remember lots of hosepipe bans up this way as a child. Summers were always hot and dry here with scorched grass.
Think we’ve got far too used to wet summers!

In 1995 my best friends family had a massive extension done and we lived in a big tent in her garden for the whole summer. It didn’t rain properly until the day before we were moving them back into the house.