SPRAY FOR MUD.....

apkelly01

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been fighting mud fever for a while and have bought nearly every product out there!

When I went to my saddlery shop to get more anti-fungal shampoo, they were completely out of it
mad.gif
. So I looked around at some of the other products on the shelf to find an alternative. I came across this Net Tex Seven Day Mud Away spray - see picture...

prod-3813.jpg

I bought it to try on my horse before I put her out to the field. I tried putting it on her but she's not the best with sprays. I was in a rush so didn't have the time to chase her round the stable! I only managed to spray a little bit of the leg, and then I threw her out.

When I came back later in the day to bring her in, I was totally amazed at what I saw....

NewImage.jpg

Where I had sprayed, there was no mud!!
laugh.gif
. I'm going to see if I can spray it onto a sponge and put it on her legs that way.

I'm not sure if it will last seven days, but if it does, I'm buying boxes of this stuff
grin.gif

apkelly01

Visit site
Hi,
I haven't tried baby oil yet. My vet did say to try the one with aloe vera.

I might try an experiment and do one leg in baby oil and the other one with the spray and see which works best. The baby oil might be easier to put on!

Amazona

Visit site
I know this sounds totally mad but boy does it work
Get sachet of Vircon E disinfectant and mix with 6 litres of water.
When you bring horse in out of field. clean the legs off preferably cold water hosed. Then clean rinse legs down with mixture and leave on.
Worked at yard 2 with 30 arabians (most had white socks) all mares had mud fever when i started good vet ( since retired) recommended it. never ever problems again. first sign of mudfever put on some Vircon E - gone!

_daisy_

Visit site
i was looking at this when I was at Olympia. Didnt think it could work but hey looks like it has for you.
Im using zinc and castor oil on my madams problem leg. Seems to be working so far and quite cheap at about £2 per tub.
Will def look into it though if I have any further outbreaks.
Cheers akelly

_daisy_

Visit site
what do you wash the mud off with - just cold water or do you shampoo them? do you just put the solution on and leave it? when do you rinse them? everyday and keep retreating?

Amazona

Visit site
Try not to use shampoo etc as you want to try and leave the natural oils in the fur to prevent it in the first place. Try using cold water so the pores in the skin stay as tight as poss.
Grin and bear the cold ,,just gently rub the mud off. Only wash legs down if the horse is really muddy or badly infected.
Gently pick off any scabs if they are coming away by themselves. Leave solution on and reapply daily.
If legs are clean and dry. pour solution down legs and heals with hands leave to dry naturally.
Hope it helps :)

Honeyb060674

Visit site
My mare got mudrash AGAIN! Soo I took the usual route of hibi scrub, but only for a few days as someone mentioned you wil wash out natural oils this way. Used sudocreme but found tis horribly messy and just ended up with her hair being clogged up with the stuff. Baby oil is the best thing I've found, hose off legs and dry thoroughly then plaster them in the oil. Applied every day it repells mud brilliantly, she came in this afternoon with no mud on her at all
grin.gif
It also softens the scabs up so much that when your drying legs off they just drop off. 66p for a bottle of the cheap stuff is miles cheaper than any products on the market. Add some tea tree oil to it for antibacterial properties.