Spraying Paddocks

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I want to spray my field this year. Is Grazeon still the weed killer to go to? Horses will be off it for approx 6-8 weeks after spraying (I need to get them back on it so I can rest the winter sections).

White Horse2

Visit site
Is that the stuff you can spray from a backpack? Think I used it on 4acres, once, then got a local chap with spraying licence to put the right stuff in the right place,was a lot more cost effective, and more effective, and a lot less hard work,

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Depends if you are using a hand held sprayer or boom spraying from a tractor. I think grazon is hand spray only. Also depends what weed you are mainly spraying for. For buttercups I can recomend Envy and Agritox. Thrust gives some control but not the best.

meleeka

Visit site
You can still buy Grazon. It’s called Grazon pro now. I haven’t tried others but I rate it. I used it last year on Docks and nightshade plants which have come over from next doors land.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Bit early to spray yet (unless you're somewhere warm) want to make sure the weeds are growing vigorously to take up whatever you choose.

Spray in May = stay away.

Different things are better for different types of weeds. I'm paranoid about ragwort so use a mix of agritox and depitox which seems to be best for that.