Spring has come - apparently - anyone else’s horses a bit ‘fresh’ today?

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Very much so. My horse is an utter gentleman, who politely suggests we would both enjoy a good blast by offering a jiggy trot every now and then. Had we been riding alone, we'd have enjoyed a good run and much laughter, but as we were riding in company, he confined himself to admiring the scenery instead at a walk. Tomorrows another day to harness that energy.

ITPersonnage

Visit site
Yes thanks, got tipped off after a bit of a silly moment with a lorry but no harm done :) Fresh indeed, had to spend quite some time in school afterwards revising manners... Just cheekiness nothing malicious.

muddybay

Visit site
Definitely first schooling session in over a week but he turned his fresh behaviour into some very nice flat work albeit with some tail swishing and bucks!

muddybay

Visit site
I am still grinning like a Cheshire Cat! I even got a photo on his thread. I look like a little kid on a Thelwell :p
I had to film a dressage test and I was laughing the whole way round at him! I even said at one point they'll take a mark off for that so I'm obviously not submitting that

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The racehorses at work on Sunday were loons just to muck out ? a friend an I were doing a yard of box resters and babies.
we literally congratulated ourselves for still being alive by the end of it ??

Sir barnaby

Visit site
Took Barney out for a hack today now all snow and ice had gone, my sane sensible steady hack decided to jog all the way round the village, cantered on spot when someone started their car as we passed, was an absolute arse when we turned for home I was glad I had my padded pants on ?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
DP dragged me around the yard this afternoon so I put him in the turnout pen and he bucked on the spot. He is ill, he has a cough and then he had an allergic reaction to the drugs but he isn’t acting as though there is anything wrong with him. I’m not looking forward to getting back on ?

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Very much so. My horse is an utter gentleman, who politely suggests we would both enjoy a good blast by offering a jiggy trot every now and then. Had we been riding alone, we'd have enjoyed a good run and much laughter, but as we were riding in company, he confined himself to admiring the scenery instead at a walk. Tomorrows another day to harness that energy.

Oh, oh..following on from yesterday's post, the big lad was not quite so gentlemanly today. Again out in company and I think someone has transplanted his brain with a fruitloop. However, the good news is that he managed to keep his head together enough for us to return as we left, with me still in the saddle.
Tomorrow he has two options; a two hour hack on his own with the opportunity to canter on a track for a couple of miles, or a hard work out in the school. Guessing he'll go for option 1, which is probably what he needs, but after today's bog inducing rain, he may have to settle with option 2.