Sprinter Sacre ?

bonny

Visit site
Just thought after all the doom and gloom national threads I would ask who is looking forward to seeing him this afternoon and is there anyone who can see him being beaten as he has to go further today ? For myself, I think he is in a league of his own !

Mynstrel

Visit site
Can't wait, it'll be a hell of a race. The tough bit for me is not looking to see who wins cos I won't get to watch it until tonight - I've got to ban myself from the internet for the afternoon once the racing starts :(

I think the others will be a bit more confident in taking him on today as it's a trip into the unknown for him over that distance but I think he'll do to them what he usually does.

Caledonia

Visit site
Will be fascinating to see - but to have the likes of Finian's Rainbow at 40s is just :eek:

And I have RUK on atm, and the biggest spectacle so far is partially clothed 'ladies' wearing huge platform shoes, and significantly failing to wagon the path across the course! :D:D:D

KautoStar1

Visit site
Yes I am. Although, before he can win my heart, I want to see him actually race. I want to see him stick his neck out and battle. Today is probably the day when he will get tested the most. Do i think he will win ? yes ! Lets hope its a good race though and Cue Card and Flemenstar run to their best and maker a proper race of it rather than it just being a cake walk for him.

teapot

Visit site
Hopefully it'll be a true race.

I also have £1 EW on Mad Moose at 250/1 - well you never know what can happen ;)

HihoGinger

Visit site
I'm extremely excited for this race.
I hope he can do it, but more than anything, I just want them all to be safe, and have a good race :)

Caledonia

Visit site
Just breathtaking - he wasn't even shaken up. A monster!!

I have to feel so sorry for Cue Card, he'd have been the horse we were all shouting about without Sprinter Sacre appearing on the page!

Brilliant race. Just so special.

pistolpete

Visit site
Probably my ignorance but I have ever seen a horse mouth-breathing like he was at the end. Certainly won comfortably is it a quirk of his?

JackAT

Visit site
Said it before when there was a thread during Cheltenham about him...but what a breathtaking, awe inspiring horse!!!

Don't know how many people will agree, but IMO, that wasn't his best performance in jumping terms. But then, to still shrug off top horses, who are giving a top class performance, without even having to push on in earnest or use the whip, to do so by 4/5 lengths, AND with a half mile increase in distance, is unbelievably good!!

Is there ANYTHING out there that can push him somewhere remotely close to the edge of his comfort zone??

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Amazing. I have to agree his jumping wasnt as breath taking as normal but perhaps BG wanted to ensure he stayed the trip.

I have to agree about Cue Card, what a lovely horse he is and from a small yard, in any other time he would have been the super star its just a shame SS is around at the same time.

Ive been thinking is there anything out there that could give SS a real test and the only horse I can think of is Hurricane Fly but considering he is a hurdler that is never going to happen.

Mariposa

Visit site
Hats off to SS but my heart belongs to Cue Card, what a gutsy little horse. The Tizzards must be so proud of him - he ran an absolute blinder ( apart from when that other horse came up alongside him and put him off his stride early on..my heart was in my mouth at that point!)

lar

Visit site
Was right beside the third last when he came upsides Cue card - said to the people around me right there and then - Sacre has won this. Magnificent

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
he looked like he owned the place just walking round the parade ring, fantastic looking horse who made the race look easy rather like the way frankel did on the flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamChaser

Visit site
Hats off to SS but my heart belongs to Cue Card, what a gutsy little horse. The Tizzards must be so proud of him - he ran an absolute blinder ( apart from when that other horse came up alongside him and put him off his stride early on..my heart was in my mouth at that point!)

Mariposa - would have been my post almost word for word :D Have followed Cue Card since he hosed up in the Champion Bumber and absolutely love him and what a race he ran today. Jumped brilliantly in the main

Sprinter Sacre though - what can you say?? Class apart. Think BG said he'd had to keep taking him back as they weren't going quick enough and didn't want him in front too soon over the longer trip. He's absolutely stunning too - those slo mo shots of him jogging round the paddock .... To me he looks like he would get further, hard to tell though as he's yet to have a hard race!!

justabob

Visit site
Probably my ignorance but I have ever seen a horse mouth-breathing like he was at the end. Certainly won comfortably is it a quirk of his?

I found that rather disturbing too pistolpete. Clearly there was nothing untoward, I have not seen that before.

dressedkez

Visit site
Poor Cue Card ( also what a horse, Sacre is.......) as was Exotic Dancer, such a shame to be a class horse, when so out classed by Sacre (wow) and Kauto.....though Kauto had flaws - Sacre simply does not seem to have any. How exciting is NH racing at the moment? Dynaste worth a mention - not in the same breath, as was At Fishers Cross -I was finding myself becoming a bit jaded by NH racing, but this season has been superb....certainly rekindled the fire - and I am now (having retired) looking again for a Pointer for next season!