Squares clipped into horses sides.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Went to see a horse today, he had two squares clipped into his side, about ten inches down from the middle of his back spaced about three inches apart, is there a particular reason? ie; insurance write off/health problem.

Bit intrigued.

sugarpuff

Visit site
My vet shaved squares onto the back of my horse when he had xrays done, (he placed pennies on the squares so he could clearly identify which vertebrae were being xrayed and so we could pinpoint the exact location again)

But if the squares are on his side would the horse of had to be lying down?

A friends horse ales had squares shaved on either side of head during head shaking investigations where patches were stuck onto the skin.

Sorry, not much help but I would think it was something medical!

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Yes I thought maybe medical. Someone who knows horse told me about possibility of heart murmor but owner never mentioned. Didn't get chance to ask as ended up driving away due to big mouthed friend of owner, all the gear and no idea type. Was supposed to be picking up to reschool and sell for owner, however after big gob tried to load him by saying 'come on' several times and staring a him, yet flipping on anyone who tried to help just drove away wjth no horse.

little_critter

Visit site
Or maybe a biopsy? My mare is still growing out her shaved patch where she had a liver biopsy. It's about midway up her side near the back of her ribs (about 3 ribs from the end).