Ssssshhhh - don't tell anyone but...........

Saucisson

Visit site
I'm after some advice for working my horse.............

Due to the big freeze here for the last week or so he has been primarily stuck in his box for a week (some walking in hand (rolling/broncking) in the frozen inside school).

After the big un-freeze (woooop! :D) I lunged him yesterday which was akin to lunging my cat after a few whiffs of catnip. ie rodeo on a string - not a big suprise.

He's done nothing today due to other commitments.

BUT, I have my first lesson with my shiny new instructor on Saturday pm. Should I lunge again or ride?

Due to my hours tomorrow, I could lunge in the day and ride in the evening? I don't want to shock the poor hoss back into work but I do want him to have a "work-head" on Saturday and not bronck away for 15 paid for minutes.

Thoughts please experienced competition riders? :)

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
I would lunge him saturday morning for 10 minutes to get the explosion out of him, then kick him out in the field for a few hours and bring him in for your lesson :D

or lunge him or ride him friday but not both. (probably better to ride so you get the bucks out of the way!)

Saucisson

Visit site
Thank you. It just seems so long (only a week :eek:) since we've been able to do anything. He has no turnout at the mo (fields frozen) so it's "controlled" work or nothing.

You know him T-E so if I aint gonna break him, it's work all the way. :)