stable management classes?

Steffanie

Visit site
i have recently set up a small yard of my own and i'm interested in starting up stable management classes for 10-16 year olds (initially) once a week.

I have my BHS 1,2,3 and PTT. I also have my child protection certificate. But what other things would i need to get started on these classes insurance etc? And what sort of things do you think this age group would like to learn most?

All replies greatfully recieved thankyou :)

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Kiddies like to groom ponies and have their own grooming kit. they can do art work as well, a model field with all features needed for ponies. They need to learn to muck out and so on, plait up.
Older ones will want more advanced stuff. Feeding and so on.

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
10 - 16 is a massive age range. You are potentially going from children who play with dolls and have just stopped believing in Santa right the way up to precoscious (sp?) little adults who start experimenting with drink, fags and possibly more!!

you would need to split the groups down by age and ability.

Personally at 10 I enjoyed playing with ponies, grooming them, petting them, holding them but struggled with the heavy work, by 16 I enjoyed the responsibility of horses. I enjoyed getting up knowing that if I didn't muck out then no one else would. I am not sure how that works on a yard or in the school room.

In a nut shell- 10- I enjoyed being round them, by 16 I enjoyed the responsibility I had when being round them.