Stable mat recommendations

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've no particular recommendation apart from if you have a horse don't buy mats any thinner than 17mm. I had some 10mm thick mats in one stable once & they ripped with the pressure & twisting & turning a horse does in a stable. If you have a pony you may get away with the 10mm? I've had 17/18mm thick with dimples one side & grooves on the other in my current stable for 3 years & they are just as good as when I fitted them. :)

CPayne

Visit site
I have mayo mats, the thick ones. Have had them for 12 years now and still going strong, the odd nick from clenches but don't seem to be slippery yet despite two warmbloods being on them. I have no idea how much they cost now but I chose them because I could have practically no bedding with them, not hard like other thinner mats. One horse just has a pile of bedding at the back, poos and wees there, other horse also has a dusting of bedding all over to absorb poo moisture as he is messy! I think the mats paid for themselves within about 2-3 years having been on shavings before, but I actually got them because horse two was digging up his bed and getting sores on his hocks. Have moved them to three different yards over the years and light weight enough to move around on your own. Only downside is rugs are more dirty with limited bedding and do have to lift and wash them once a year. Hope that helps/isn't too much info!

Annagain

Visit site
Easimat. I bought them from E-bay 3 years ago and they've more than paid for themselves. They're EVA so very light and easy to cut to shape. The only down side is that they do take a while to settle so I had to trim them quite frequently in the first 18 months, but since they settled they're great. I have 24ml mats which even for my two 16'2+ ISHs have been fine but you can get 32ml (or maybe it's 34?) ones as well.