Stable mats

Lynz25

Visit site
I'm looking at getting some stable mats for my horse after his operation as he has to be on box rest for 1 month. Have people found them beneficial or not? Do you have any recommendations where to get them from? We are based in Bedfordshire. <span style="color:black"> </span>

Visit site
the stables at our yards all have rubber matting, it means that the floor is more cushioned and smooth and less chance of injury.

Visit site
nope! the stables are steam cleaned once a year though so I don't know if that makes a difference!
crazy.gif

Lynz25

Visit site
Ok cheers. We were just concerned that the urine would get caught in the joins. We've got a power washer so we could always use that I suppose.

allijudd

Visit site
we have found that cow matting is cheaper and works just as well if not better.....

and they are lighter to move....

Lynz25

Visit site
We got some matting for the lorry and it takes 3 of us to move it as its so heavy. Where can you get cow matting from? <span style="color:black"> </span>

_jetset_

Visit site
I have Equi-Mats in my stable... They are really comfy but quite light. I moved a few of mine on Saturday to disinfectant under them and give my stable a bit of a clean because it was a little smelly. I lifted three or four by myself and put them back quite easily. They are fantastic and I will definitely buy them again when my foalie is weaned.

_jetset_

Visit site
I also have some stuff called Stablezone which is a disinfectant powder you can use as often as you like... only used a few times but already noticed the difference.