Stable mirrors

voltaire

Visit site
Just to warn anyone who is thinking about ordering a stable mirror from www.stable-mirrors.co.uk - DON'T.

They never answer their phone, don't reply to messages that have been left and don't acknowledge / respond to e-mails.

The above is purely based on my experience and represents my opinion and is in no way endorsed or supported by Horse and Hound.

_jetset_

Visit site
I echo this... I have bought a mirror from them and it has cracked (not been kicked or anything, just cracked). I emailed them to ask how to prevent the crack from spreading and said I was a little disappointed that it had cracked so easily when designed for a big horse (16.2hh plus due to its size) but have never heard back.

I sent them two emails, one of which I know was read because I received a read report.

_daisy_

Visit site
thats shocking. You wouldve thought that the after sales would be better than that. What happens if you have problems like Rebecca? Surely they should be there to answer any problems buyers have - well obviously not

ETS - i was looking at getting one for my trailer to see if it helped my clostraphobic horse - wont bother now

voltaire

Visit site
Well there are lots of other horse mirror suppliers - my personal recommendation would be to NOT use stable-mirrors.co.uk

Note - Horse and Hound in no way endorse or condone my opinion, which is purely based on my experience with the company stated above.

voltaire

Visit site
we need to create a supplier green and black-list. A bit like e-bay ratings for all horse item suppliers. I know I would refer to it / use it.

_daisy_

Visit site
cheers voltaire - havent been playing recently with her in the trailer so its not a major emergency (well its not yet)
BTW - i like youre disclaimer
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
I bought a set of mirrors from eBay - extremely cheap (A3 size delivered was around £6)

They are fab - attached to trailer with extra strong adhesive tape and no problems.

voltaire

Visit site
I'm sure their product is fine - they just have ZERO customer service. Not worth using in my opinion.

Note - Horse and Hound still do not endorse any views I post. These views are based upon my experiences and although I accurately reflect my experiences for the benefit of other shoppers, Horse and Hound in no way sanction nor support them.

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure their product is fine - they just have ZERO customer service. Not worth using in my opinion.

Note - Horse and Hound still do not endorse any views I post. These views are based upon my experiences and although I accurately reflect my experiences for the benefit of other shoppers, Horse and Hound in no way sanction nor support them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fortunately i didn't need their customer service! Hopefully I never will! Thanks for the warning though, will buy from elsewhere in future
smile.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Thanks hunni, I was going to order for my lorry this week. Someone suggested going to B&Q to get similar, perhaps I will do that instead.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Jacksons arenas seem to be the biggest supplier round here, when I dealt with them they were very quick at responding and I have heard no complaints from anyone locally.
I did wonder about just contacting a sheet metal supplier and asking for one side to be cut to size and polished, that seems to be all a mirror is for horses.

Fiona

Visit site
That's what I did. Mine came from a commercial shopfitters, and has a tiny scratch on ONE side which is why they rejected it. The other side is perfect.
Mirror is about 4ft by 6ft and was £15.
Flora adores it and admires herself constantly.
Fiona