Stabled over night to out 24/7

BOWS28

Visit site
My girl is currently out during the day and stabled over night. When weather is some what tropical in the summer, she is out overnight and in during the day to avoid the heat. She is happy doing either as she was with her companion who are both very fond of each other.
Due to a massive change in circumstances she may have the option to move just out of the village into a 5 acre field with plenty of natural shelter with two other mares. She knows both other horses but has never been turned out with them and has also never been out 24/7.
Am i being a massive wuss and worrying? Will she cope without her best friend, as she has two other mares for company and horses in the neighbouring field?
If i could take her home and tuck her into bed at night i would ;) Will she cope or is it a case of whether i would cope? Lol
Thanks in advance for reading my worried waffle!!! xx

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
she will cope :)

My oldies were stabled overnight in separate yards and settled into the out 24/7 together life seamlessly. We had them separated by a fence for a week so they could get to know each other in a civilised way and now they rub along happily together.

SEL

Visit site
Well you'll probably spend the first few nights wide awake worrying, but she'll be fine!

They do need to get into a new routine, but I tend to find that if other horses are out 24:7 then they settle really quickly.

BOWS28

Visit site
she will cope :)

My oldies were stabled overnight in separate yards and settled into the out 24/7 together life seamlessly. We had them separated by a fence for a week so they could get to know each other in a civilised way and now they rub along happily together.

I think i might have to grow a pair and try... I'm sure she'll surprise me and LOVE it!! She's good at shocking me :)

BOWS28

Visit site
Well you'll probably spend the first few nights wide awake worrying, but she'll be fine!

They do need to get into a new routine, but I tend to find that if other horses are out 24:7 then they settle really quickly.

My mum has already joked about me pitching up a tent just to keep an eye :D She was absolutely fine out over night! Just worry as it's somewhere new, new routine and with different friends!! Shes far too precious lol.

It will do her wonders for her. Loaaaaads of lush grass and space!

eggs

Visit site
Being out 24/7 should not be an issue. If possible I would try and electric fence off a bit of the new field for her to be in for a few days whilst the mares get used to her being there rather than just putting them all in together on the first day.

BOWS28

Visit site
She will surprise you with how quickly she takes to it and thrives. The longer i have my horses and the simpler i keep them the better they seem to get both mentally and physically. It really is us and the marketing lot that make things confusing and difficult!

I completely agree. I was so worried about her being out over night as she is such a lover of a routine! She loved it!! I was awake all night during a storm worrying, got up early to 'save' her and they were happily grazing haha!!
I think she'll pleasantly surprise me, again!