Stages of flu and tet jabs?

truffles

Visit site
arghh Chloe hasn't had any jabbies at all, so need to get them done before Saturday otherwise she can't come to Yard. They said as long as she has the first stage of them done before she arrives, they can complete the rest of the course.

I'm just wondering how the stages are done? Are both tet and flu done in the same way?

Thanks

threeponies

Visit site
They have to have the initial jab, then a second 1 month later, then a third six months after that. Then its annually. Flu and tetanus are given at the same time. Is that any help?

Marquire

Visit site
As I remember it with my youngster he had his first flu/tet combined jab before I picked him up to take him home. He had the booster, again for the flu/tet combined after about 2 months and the third booster as before after about 6 months. He then had a booster annually, but only had the tet every second year.

Marie

truffles

Visit site
ahh okay, much less muddled now - Thanks both of you!
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
my horse (if he passes the vet) has never had his injections before either (he had something when he was imported from holland but thats it)- but my YO dosent mind if he comes on the yard as all the other horses are vacinated. hes being vacinated monday as my other horse is due hers then aswel which is handy.

truffles

Visit site
Ahh I think all the other horses all ready there are vaccinated, so it must be a routine thing.
smile.gif

Good luck with the vetting, I'll have my fingers crossed!
laugh.gif
x

Zebedee

Visit site
The horse will need a primary injection of a combined flu / tet vacine, followed by a second no less than 21 but no more than 92 days after the first. Day one is the day after the injection, & the horse will not have full immunity to either flu or tetenus (so be very careful with any wounds) until after the second injection. The third injection must be done no less that 150 & no more than 215 days after the second one, and annually after that. DO NOT RELY ON THE VET TO GET YOUR DATES RIGHT! and make sure that your vets know that you need your vacinations to comply with jockey club rules. (See earlier post from les10!)
If you (or anyone else) are in any doubt at any time re flu vacination dates PM me with them & I'll check them for you.