Stallion Parade ( brief bit about each stallion)

Irishcobs

Visit site
Went to the Equine event at the Bath and West showground today mainly to see the stallion parade as one of the stallions on my list was there.
It turned out there were 6 stallions there, 3 which I didn't no where there, and one that didn't show.

So with out saying names in case I'm not allowed.

First in was a German TB (one I didn't no was there). He was an ex racer, 16.3hh, 10 yrs old, dark bay, Sire- Dashing blaze, came over from Germany and is standing at a stud in Dorset. He was a very nice horse, did a nice little show, un-proven 2007 being he first year at stud. He was well training in dressage and is starting showjumping this winter. His stud fee is £400 for 2007.

Next in was a very local stallion to me, who I didn't no was there. He's a palomino, Lusitano x Arab, 15.3hh. Sire- Idolo.
He is AI only and is based in Somerset. He does BSJA, BE at Intermediate level, is NASTA graded grade 1. And grade 1 with the AHS premium scheme. He also does Spanish Dressage displays with his owner. He did a lovely display and bowed at the end. He is £450 for 2007.

Next in was the stallion I went to see. And I was very disappointed. He was being led and spent most of the time on 2 legs, changing from front to back. He is a bay, 15.3hh, 10yr old, anglo arab, sire- Roviris. He's been British National Champion 4 times, UK anglo arab champion, champion hack and SHB (GB) graded stallion in 1999. He stands at stud inbetween Bath and Bristol. £300 is his stud fee for 2007.

Then a gorgeous little Welsh A came in. He is 4 yrs old, Grey, and I would guess about 11.2-12hands. He is a champion and silver medal winner in hand at the Royal Cornwall and has been placed twice at Royal Welsh. He did a really nice show, and has wonderful paces.

The next stallion in was a 18hh shire. He is 6 yrs old, and is black. He was awarded a Super Premium this year. He did a nice show, in hand, but I thought his quarters and back legs were quite poor and under muscled compared to the rest of him.

The last stallion in was a Irish sports horse. He is 15.2hh, 12yr old, dark bay. He is currently being ridden by a top international event rider. And was the top british horse at the World young horse championships for 7 yr olds and in 2002 he won the British horse breeding eventing award. His fee is £600 for 2007 and is at stud in Dorset the same stud as the German TB.

So there we have it. I think after seeing them all that I may have the Lusitano x arab for Hattie's husband next year as he is so local to me.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
It was advertised who was present there so think you can comment! So you liked Icon? I have not seen him in the flesh. What did you think of Mcguigan? I did not realise he was 12 now.
I was going to go today but have had a lazy day slobbing instead. Were there any tradestand bargains?

Irishcobs

Visit site
I love Icon, I didn't think about using him before because I thought he would be out of my price range, luckily he's not. I suppose you have to like spanish looking horses, he is very impressive.

I did like Mcguigan. Very correct and very nice paces. The guy riding him had a hangover! He's a tidy little horse.

Not really, one stand was doing last years rugs cheap, but none in 6'3 or 6'6.

Irishcobs

Visit site
The ISH was lovely, but a little out of my price range, sadly.
I'm not really looking for an arab as such, I was looking for light types such as TB types or arab types. But Icon is a really nice allround horse.

siennamum

Visit site
I love Icon, have seen him eventing. Think the Anglo Arab you are talking about is horrid, shame as it's so local. Like the sound of the TB tho' can you pm me his name?

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
Was this well advertised? As I didn't even know it was on - B***er!
blush.gif

Just curious, what type of mare are you thinking of sending to Icon? Did you take any piccies of him? He's SO close to me it's a pity he's AI only.

LEC

Visit site
What do you think of the Brendon Hill stallions? I have never seen them in the flesh but they seem to be very popular locally. For me at the moment my personal favourate local stallion is Nomadic Way - a proven performer, retired sound, tough and nice looking.

siennamum

Visit site
Is he now standing locally, thought he was a Louella stallion - I really like the Brendon Hill stallions, esp It's Without Doubt

LEC

Visit site
Nomadic Way is a louella horse but I thought he was based in Dorset maybe have that wrong.
Its without doubt is nice but a lot of crap mares have been put to him so I have seen some pretty poor stock by him.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I like Brendon Hill horses, exspecially Ben's Affaere. I was thinking of using one of them, but I want to use West kington as it is alot nearer to me and I know the owners/mangers.
Nomadic Way is nice, but I'm not looking at racers really.

Irishcobs

Visit site
It was in the local paper, thats how I found out about it.
I'm thinking of using him on my cob mare (the one on the right in my siggy). I didn't take any pics because when he is at home he is 15mins from me and when at his event riders he is 5mins (I've hacked with her) so I can pop down to see him when ever. He does have a website. www.idoloandicon.info

kirstyw

Visit site
Hi irish cobs
I have sent you a email with details of my stallion who is also technically anglo but reg pba he is also standing in the west country.
Kirsty

sallyf

Visit site
Nomadic way is still standing in Leics as he has done for the last 6 or so years,
Doubt they would move him now as hes getting on a bit.