Stallion Parades in the North?

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
I was wondering if there was any need for someone to run a stallion parade in the North.

There are some super ones being run in the south - we attended the one at Hartpury last year but not sure how far people will travel to view stallions.

What do people think - would stallion owners and mare owners like a parade in the North.

Look forward to hearing your opinions.

Smile_and_Wave

Visit site
Myerscough college gnerally run one every year but there isnt much varriation in the horses that go its basically
Country Farm Studs lot
Moss Cottage Stud
Holdenfold and End house stud

and then a few locals that have thier own stallions, i think it would be good to have a few more really and some with a bit more varriety of horses

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I went to the Myerscough one last Feb, and thought it was really good, if absolutely packed and freezing! There were about 30 stallions there, from a variety of studs. It helped me narrow my decision down from an original three stallions to seven stallions!!

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
My thoughts were a stallion parade with the normal sports horses/ponies but also allowing Natives/Rare Breeds to attend to try and give a wider selection

It may mean that a few more people increase their selection list!!!!

Blacklist

www.skeltonhorses.co.uk
I was wondering if there was any need for someone to run a stallion parade in the North.

There are some super ones being run in the south - we attended the one at Hartpury last year but not sure how far people will travel to view stallions.

What do people think - would stallion owners and mare owners like a parade in the North.

Wouldn't be a bad idea when I was a kid in the 70's there were many parades up north

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Myerscough college gnerally run one every year but there isnt much varriation in the horses that go its basically
Country Farm Studs lot
Moss Cottage Stud
Holdenfold and End house stud

and then a few locals that have thier own stallions, i think it would be good to have a few more really and some with a bit more varriety of horses

i feel the same, same stallions etc. Myerscough held 2 this year. the one i went to i dont think holdenfold and end house turned up to, i know from what was in the catalogue, there were quite a few not there.

i think maybe a daytime, weekend event would be better to be honest, with the different types/disciplines in different time sections.

charliesarmy

Visit site
i feel the same, same stallions etc. Myerscough held 2 this year. the one i went to i dont think holdenfold and end house turned up to, i know from what was in the catalogue, there were quite a few not there.

i think maybe a daytime, weekend event would be better to be honest, with the different types/disciplines in different time sections.

I went to that one..Endhouse didnt show due to *horsebox malfunction* but enjoyed the stallions on display..gave a very good insight especially as stallions I had viewed online/pictures looked so much better in the flesh..and of course the opposite :rolleyes::D

Smee

Visit site

You'd get my vote.
Also as others have suggested the Myerscough events, but with more 'ooopmhf'...