Stallion Showcase GB

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Just seen the first photos that have gone up on the SSGB Facebook page, and there are some fabulous stallions coming to the SSGB this year. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the eventing sires, with some very proven names like Uptons Deli Circus, but also new youngsters like the TB intermediate eventer Sula Blue, who I've been wanting to see for a while, Britannia's Mail, and the very pretty Buddenbrock stallion Craig. And there's a feast of showjumpers - a very nice Comeback stallion, VDL Silverstone, Lord Luis .... and they haven't started uploading the dressage stallions as yet. But best of all we'll get to see the favourite RIDs, Avanti Amorous Archie and Balinmore Irish Rebel. They stole the show last year!

eventrider23

Visit site
I can't wait! We will be there with my friend's two boys El Thuder and Craig and are very much looking forward to showing them off and seeing everyone!

Soo looking forward to seeing Arko and the Whittaker stallions too!

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you Rita. There is a CBHS meeting this weekend I have written to Council again asking if we can get at least one CB stallion to the show. Such a shame we always miss it.

My own lovely boy cannot be ridden because of an old injury otherwise I would love to send him.

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Amazing showcase of some seriously stunning animals. I agree re Balinmore Irish Rebel, I've had the honor of riding this fabulous horse, and apart from presence and conformation to die for, his manners are impeccable. If I had a mare, I definitely would!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Amazing showcase of some seriously stunning animals. I agree re Balinmore Irish Rebel, I've had the honor of riding this fabulous horse, and apart from presence and conformation to die for, his manners are impeccable. If I had a mare, I definitely would!

He really impressed last year, both he and Archie have such presence. There are more photos going up all the time on the SSGB FB page, and the Woodlander boys are up now, looking stunning. Also a very cute pony stallion!

It would be great if Hartpury and the SSGB start to attract the size of audience that stallion shows regularly get in Germany and the Netherlands, where a lot of the spectators are not necessarily breeders but are just interested to see some of the best stallions being paraded, and are there to enjoy the show. We have some stunning stallions in the UK now, many of them young and at the start of their careers, which makes it all the more exciting, but I do wish that the shows were more strongly featured in the media, and that equine magazines supported and promoted British breeding more actively. I wonder whether H&H will be at the SSGB?

ritajennings

Visit site
I can't agree more no no :) these Stallion shows are not just for people looking to breed but a great chance for everyone to get up close and personal to stallions and so many stallion in one place at one time too good to miss.

The Stables are open to the public there is also a smashing restaurant open all day and evening and it is run by the Light family of the Brendon Stud tickets can be bought here.

http://www.stallionshowcasegb.co.uk/?page_id=167

:)

ihatework

Visit site
I'm planning on going on Saturday, shame I haven't got my music put together yet otherwise I'd would have taken the horse and done the music classes!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Really thrilled to see that Peppermill is going to be at Addington, have wanted to see him in person for ages, and the latest photos to go up on the SSGB FB page also have some cracking little pony stallions attending. Rembrandt DDH is a stunner - would be interested to know if anyone has used him?

eventrider23

Visit site
Well tbf the entries are listed on fb with an album of pics, it's just the exact times we're waiting on. I imagine if like previous years it will be younger stallions earlier in the day and older stallions following on.

sallyf

Visit site
Really thrilled to see that Peppermill is going to be at Addington, have wanted to see him in person for ages, and the latest photos to go up on the SSGB FB page also have some cracking little pony stallions attending. Rembrandt DDH is a stunner - would be interested to know if anyone has used him?

We foaled a Rembrandt foal last year and he was stunning.
Scored well at the futurity too despite not wanting to show his fabulous trot off on the day.
Inseminated another mare with his frozen semen too and in foal first time so fab fertility

no_no_nanette

Visit site
We foaled a Rembrandt foal last year and he was stunning.
Scored well at the futurity too despite not wanting to show his fabulous trot off on the day.
Inseminated another mare with his frozen semen too and in foal first time so fab fertility

Great to hear Sally, he does look a cracking little lad from his photos. Looking forward to seeing him. There seems to be a pretty long list of stallions attending judging from the FB page, and a very impressive rollcall of famous names, so maybe they are having a challenge fitting them all in!! (And we had one of those at the Futurity, a little star by Caretino Glory who will show off for all she's worth in the field, but didn't really want to demonstrate her flashy trot at the Futurity. Very frustrating!)

cazzy

Visit site
Full list will be on website tomorrow with timings (hopefully) - still taking phone calls from stallions owners wanting to bring their boys!

Rollin

Visit site
I can't agree more no no :) these Stallion shows are not just for people looking to breed but a great chance for everyone to get up close and personal to stallions and so many stallion in one place at one time too good to miss.

The Stables are open to the public there is also a smashing restaurant open all day and evening and it is run by the Light family of the Brendon Stud tickets can be bought here.

http://www.stallionshowcasegb.co.uk/?page_id=167

:)

I could not agree with you more. How many posts do we see on this forum asking about this or that breed. It is a great opportunity for horse lovers. As you all know, I am heartbroken that we yet again WON'T have a Cleveland Bay stallion in the parade.

The biggest annual salon in France is Equita Lyon. There they have breed parades several times a day with a commentator explaining the history and aptitudes of each breed. We watched Arabians, Friesans, Norman Cobs and TB's all paraded together is the same arena.

Of course this being France it is possible to sit down and enjoy a three course meal with wine while you watch. (smiley face)

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Just seen that the gorgeous Treliver Decanter has been added to the list, and I guess that he'll be appearing on the second (dressage) day. For us eventing fans there's One More Tiger, another who I've been wanting to get to see for ages. And some amazing names from John Whitaker's stallion stables, including Argento and Arko. Its going to be a really fascinating couple of days

eventrider23

Visit site
Very much looking forward to the weekend and excited to see the last minute entries of Decanter as no_no_nanette says as well as Amoreux whose foals did incredibly well last year in the UK KWPN evaluations. Saw a KWPN report saying 3 of the top 10 were by him! Also really looking forward to seeing the pony stallion Rembrandt DDH who I've seen referred to as the 'mini Totilas'!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
And what a timetable! Just come from looking at the list of stallions and events for both days, and it's amazing. I'd not realised that Dane Rawlins is running a masterclass on the Sunday, in addition to John Whitaker's on Saturday, and the entries for the loose jumping competition are very exciting indeed. (Henk Minderman, the winner in 2012, gave a masterly display in how to train a young horse to go down the jumping lane quietly and calmly, whilst his handler stands watching with his arms folded in the middle of the arena!)