Stallion Suggestions for this mare ?

madmare22

Visit site
IMGP0372.jpg

pedigree.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr37/madmare22/wumarillapedigree.jpg

What do you think ?. I am not sure which way to go with her, as you can see from her pedigree she is jumping bred but she moves like a dressage horse. Will probably be for covering 2010 as is not due til july and i prefer early foals.

Suggestions and reasons why would be most appreciated. ?

competitiondiva

Visit site
Depends if you want to breed a Show jumper, eventer or dressage horse..... My mare has event/SJ lines but moves nicely and I've done dressage with her for the past 4/5 years I wanted to breed a dressage horse with more elevated paces and a better shoulder. I used T Movistar and am very pleased with the resulting colt.

Who's she in foal to this year? Good luck

madmare22

Visit site
She is currently in foal to stravinsky. I would love a jazz foal out of her, but would prefer a Jazz X Flemmimgh or a Jazz X Negro/Ferro. I do owever like movistar.

The Jazz would be to keep. i would be looking for something very commercial.

competitiondiva

Visit site
My friend has 2 jazz/flemmingh colts one is standing this year in germany the other is only 2 this year and still at home with her!! They are ones to watch out for, if your are considering breeding in a few years time. Currently the one in germany is available only to selected mares.

Or how about Johnson (Jazz/Flemmingh)
http://www.team-nijhof.nl/site/html_uk/hengsten/johnson.html

If your mare is a hot head I probably wouldn't suggest those bloodlines but if she's quite ameanable etc then they are excellent lines!! Most of jazz offspring have quality hock action and he does stamp his stock. My colt although being by Movistar is a very similar stamp (so far!) to my friends Jazz colts at the same age.

stolensilver

Visit site
A KWPN stallion who might fit the bill is Flemmingh. He's only available by frozen now but the frozen is good quality. He throws super action and fantastic, trainable brains. He's also from jumping lines, actually bred in Holstein and was a grade A showjumper in his competitive career although he isn't known for producing outstanding jumpers. A lovely stallion and maybe worth considering.

madmare22

Visit site
Thanks for that stolensilver but i prefer Flemmingh as a dam sire.

Competition Diva, Boston is a wonderfully impressive horse. i saw him when i took one of my boys for grading prep. I have also seen the videos of his litte brother and hearsay tells me that his dam is in foal to jazz for this year but alas i cannot find any further info.