Stamping Leather

k9h

Visit site
Does anyone know where you can get leather stamps from to mark tack with? Or where you can get it done. With all these thefts would like to be able to identify my tack is the worst should happen though mine is fairly well secured
frown.gif

Shrimp

Visit site
Someone from the police came to our yard and did everyones at the same time. Though they managed to get our postcode wrong in some way or another on nearly everypiece of our tack.........
smirk.gif

_OC_

Visit site
Not so good then-worrying if the police can't code the tack with your postal code correctly what hope is there!!!! I have had my tack stolen a very nice Frank Baines Eclispe model and Stubben bridle and when my friend phoned and asked had I left my tack over night in the tack room -cos' it's not there now at 7am it's not what you want to hear-a feeling I don't want to repeat, that leaves you feeling angry and violated and yes my tack was not coded.I keep my tack at home now -Yes I know not helpful if you have alot of saddles and tack I know-I think you can get micro chipping now not sure who does that to go in your saddle-Regards Me & My Cob
confused.gif

k9h

Visit site
Cheers for that. I thought the Police would do it but if they can't get the post code right??
confused.gif
Any how this morning I went to local newsagents & they had chalkpens in lots of bright colours that is permanent on leather & cloth.
grin.gif
So have been putting my initials & postcode on all my bridles & parts. But I do realise that they could scrape this off probabley but for the moment its handy. Will have to call atthe police station & see if they will stamp it. Was just wondering if you could buy the stamps as I am for ever buying bits of tack. Like I have 6 bridles so do you just stamp the crown piece or the cheeks & the reins noseband etc....? Which is what I would bemore inclinded to do (police are going to love me!?)

k9h

Visit site
I have looked on the net for them but to no avail though I haven't tried ebay. I would probabley keep it as I am always getting new bits of tack & then I could always do my mates tack for them to. Thanks for that am off for a look!!

spaniel

Visit site
Try a small hardware/ motoring or DIY store. I bought a metal stamp kit for about a fiver, you get metal 'sticks' with each letter and number on the end. Just hold them on your leather and whack em with a hammer.

Post coded all my tack (including individual bridle parts) like this ages ago and the marks are still visible.

Ive also microtagged my saddles which is very worthwhile.

k9h

Visit site
Cheers Spaniel will have a look see if I can find a set. I have just marked them all with my new pen for now as a short term measure till I can stamp them. But knowing my heavy handedness I'll whack it that hard & punch the letters out! Least that will show & be very destinctive!!!
blush.gif
grin.gif