Standard of CIC* in Europe??

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Probably one for Tigers_eye or MillbrookSong?? unless anyone else can help??

Back in the day, when they used to have CIC* in this country, they were pretty much over the novice course, with maybe 1 or 2 extra jumps... Where as a CCI* is more like a small Int.

So the question is.. are CIC* in Europe jumpable to a horse happy at novice, or are they more like a CCI*, and you'd probably feel happier if you've been round the odd Int??

ElleJS

Visit site
They all seem pretty do-able (there is always the odd question here and there) on the continent for a non experienced horse IMO. I would be happy to take a young horse/done a few novices horse around the ones I have done/seen

tigers_eye

Visit site
You'd probably feel happier if you'd been round an intermediate - after all it's a long way to go to have a green stop or two! I think the biggest thing would probably be the atmosphere - there's likely to be a lot more of it than you'll ever find at most BE events. Flags, flowery arenas with big white boards, music, decorative sj and xc etc. I think the best way to expose a youngster to these sorts of things is to go and jump at a County show or something. The questions asked at water tend to be stiffer than your average Novice too - I remember doing a pretty impressive Irish bank into water at Breda (CCI*), and Lummen threw some interesting questions around too, although I ended up doing the two star there I did walk the * as well. At the Juniors I think we jumped over a hanging log into water and then a ste up to a corner and then dropped back into it - all came up very fast - and later in the course we jumped into water again and had a bridge to jump in the water too. Marbach seemed a bit easier, which would be the most recent CIC* course on the continent I looked at I think.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Brill
grin.gif

Ride a horse for someone that is never going to go beyonde novice (Int./CCI* out of question) Therefore thought that a trip across the sea, union jack on saddle cloth, tophat/tails etc.. would be lovely for the owner! ie make it something special
smile.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Vicky, it's Sula, so not a young/green horse, XC is not a problem for her at all, ie jumping into water and tricky combinations are no problem.. it's just that she's getting on a bit now (she's 14), and wouldn't be the scopiest.. It's not like she's had a hard life, as this was her first season of BE eventing, and i thought it would be a nice aim for next year, hopefull without pushing her out of her comfort zone.

hati

community.webshots.com
The one star at Ballygraffan in Northern Ireland would be ok, it would be a strong novice class and Necarne also in Northern Ireland would probably be ok. Tattersalls is stronger though and would probably need a run Int before there.

tigers_eye

Visit site
She should be fine then. I thought you were thinking of Idiot Boy (just think - you could take the two of them!). After all they can't go over 110cm when building it so if she'd be ok with that then she doesn't seem the type to be phased by much. Very exciting! W will need to do one, so we shall have to plan this carefully!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
she doesn't seem the type to be phased by much.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's not phased at all.. either she 'can' or she 'cant' simple as, but she'll also try her heart out for you, which is why i'd be a little weary of asking too much of her.. still think it would be fun to aim for it.. i can just imagion Helen in tears now.. she was nearly in tears just watching her trot-up at the PN3day
laugh.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was there in 2004, they ran a CIC*, **, and ***. Nice place, but not the easiest to get to. Are you thinking of Ireland or France?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anywhere, i'm guessing ground would be better in Ireland, but somehow France would be more fun (sorry Ireland, but i've competed there before, haven't in France
wink.gif
)

hati

community.webshots.com
Ballygraffan is usually in the spring (April) and Necarne is in September and Tattersalls is June. Ballygraffan has a CIC 1 and 2 star class and an amateur class (Eventing ireland and not FEI).

Tattersalls has a 1 and 2 star class (think it mite be CCI though) and Necarne had different classes this year as they had the Junior Europeans but usually have 1 and 2 star often both CIC and CCI.

Hope this is of some help.

Fiona

Visit site
Tattersalls is a CCI, othersmentioned are CICs. Also think there may still be a plan to get Blarney back up and running as a CIC (was put into the calender this year then cancelled due to 'development' of the estate (whatever that means)).

Fiona

poggio

Visit site
I agree... Martinvast is v nice, more like a strong novice course ... but also agree to go that sort of distance you might find you'd want to tackle an intermediate first.

KatB

Visit site
Ede 1* was meant to be a lovely track, beautifully built, but not sure how it would compare with int/novice though.
crazy.gif
Heard nothing but good reports from competitors/grooms there...