Stanley is unwell !

oldie48

Visit site
Poor Stan is really not himself, no squits or sickness but not wantng to eat much or drink. he's just done a poop and it's very hard but he's not eaten much today. He's just a bit odd really. I'll take him to the vets tomorrow if he's no better but just wondered if any of you nowledgeable people had any thoughts. No temperature, just very quiet, didn't want his walk and tail between legs unhappy. He doesn't react to any part of his body being touched but he's obviously feeling a bit miserble.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Could he have eaten something he shouldn't have? It could be lots of things. Pain somewhere, a blockage or a bug. Hope he feels better soon

oldie48

Visit site
Hi sorry not to have got back aboout Stanley but I was away with Rose leaving Stanley with my OH. I am very pleased to say he is nearly back to normal, in fact, I think he is back to normal but I am a cautious soul. I think he pulled a muscle in his back or neck, possibly a spasm as he was very unhappy. I think this is why he didn't want to stretch down to eat or drink. I found he was happy enough to eat and drink from my hand so we put his bowls up higher and that got him started. I walked him yesterday and he seemed fine and this morning he was happy and lively so fingers crossed, it's all OK now. thanks for your concern. x

Clodagh

Visit site
Of course so sorry you were worried.

It is funny how the dogs on here become sort of communal interest dogs. I always wish people would update with how they are getting on but not so many do. I didn't lose sleep about Stanley, but it is good to hear he is on the mend. :)

oldie48

Visit site
haha, I did, I nearly didn't go to my dressage training but OH kept me up to speed with how he was doing. It was just so odd, he seemed frightened of his food and water bowls, kept going to them but then backing away. I can only think that when he went to lower his head his pain increased. It was such a relief when I found he'd eat and drink from my hand. anyway, thank goodness he seems fine now and has just come in from rat hunting in the courtyard. I've just come in form a tack sale where I sold a good deal of Bisto's stuff, so I'm not constantly looking at it, got a bit of money towards Rose's wardrobe and pleased that Bisto's things have found a new home.