Start Box - Tankers Town

punk

Visit site
What a shame!!!!!!! Could he not have gone in from the front of the box? Maybe he wouldn't have done that either.
confused.gif

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
I thought Sharon should maybe have taken him away from the start box and all the people clouting him and given him a little trot then just tried to trot straight through
confused.gif
I don't think dragging him around and hitting him is going to encourage him forwards? Maybe just me....
crazy.gif

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
With a horse of Tankers Town's experience he would have known exactly what was going on, and what was up next.
He obviously decided he did not want to have anything to do with it. He just looked seriously pissed off through I agree being tugged + chased probably wasnt helping.
Which is a shame, but given his behavoir in the DR and at Belton, it makes you wonder if there isn't something else going on that making him unhappy in his job.

Becasue to have come so far he must have enjoyed it at some point....

redsunset

New User
Visit site
Technically what was it that elimiated him, the outside assistance before he got into the start box or Sharon being legged up onto him within the box?

Skhosu

Visit site
I thought it was because of timing? As surely as she wasn't through the flags it couldn't have been outside assistance? She looked like she would have gone if not eliminated..
He also looked up for it once in the box, anyone know the exact reason?

Rhiann0n

Visit site
I would have though it was timing.

I'm sure you only have a certain amount of time to leave the box after you've been counted down and told to start.

It really didn't make good TV, showing him being swatted at with a bridle and dragged around by the team manager...

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
You are supposed to have 1min after the starter has said go to go and you can have out side assistance untill the starter has said go- in the start box as well, after ''go'' it is E for outside asistance.
Did not see it though so cant really help
tongue.gif

Rhiann0n

Visit site
Rule 4.31 (v) (BE Rules)

If the Competitor has not crossed the start line after 1 minute from being given the signal to start, he will be eliminated. Assistance within the Start Box is permitted up to the signal to start being given. Thereafter it is unauthorised.

So both, probably
confused.gif

Sorry, anal I know, but I'm an XC Steward
laugh.gif

Daffodil

Visit site
I think all those people flapping and shoving just made him even more stubborn. As soon as they left off and Sharon led him in he was as quiet as a lamb.

Gamebird

Visit site
They could have done with some of those Racetech guys and one of their bum straps - if they can't get a horse in the stalls no-one can
tongue.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
It was outside assistance not him being over the time - if she'd let her stirrup down and got on from the ground she would have been fine, but because the starter had said 'go', it is outside assistance. She was only 10 secs or so over them having said go when she got off and led him in.

I reckon she has no chance of team selection on him again after that little display!

ruby111

Visit site
thats it exactly .they surley cant risk that happening in a championship team situation.in saying that though yogi was at the start with her was he expecting something to happen.

CoachinaCar

Visit site
I think it is really sad,for whatever reason he did not want to go in the box it is never nice to see a good horse have a problem, I feel for him and all his connections he is a lovely horse and quite a character.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Rule 4.31 (v) (BE Rules)

If the Competitor has not crossed the start line after 1 minute from being given the signal to start, he will be eliminated. Assistance within the Start Box is permitted up to the signal to start being given. Thereafter it is unauthorised.

So both, probably
confused.gif

Sorry, anal I know, but I'm an XC Steward
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Could she have ridden in from the front?

glamourpuss

Visit site
My horse does this!! Its like he gets so excited he just doesn't know what to do with himself. Its not really like 'napping' per say its like everything blows his brains. My horse is also very experienced and it is a recent thing, I've had him checked from top to toe so know it isn't pain. He knows his job and he just gets soo over excited he can't 'compute' what is going on.

It is excatly the same as what Tankers Town did. If you looked closely at TT his body was completely rigid he didn't try and 'back up' or rear or spin or any of the other things that a napping horse tends to do. He was just stood stock still....with my horse we call it is 'standing-still-brain-fart-thing' Sharon even tried to turn him in a circle away from the start box but he wouldn't go.
The worst thing they did IMHO was start flapping and hitting him....when my horse does this it just makes him worse. I just drop my reins, don't ask him to do anything and usually hum or sing the verse and chorus of a song (gets me breathing again
grin.gif
) then I find when I pick up the reins and ask him to move on the 'stress' is forgotten.
Horses!!

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is really sad,for whatever reason he did not want to go in the box it is never nice to see a good horse have a problem, I feel for him and all his connections he is a lovely horse and quite a character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that
frown.gif
I had to leave the XC coverage for a bit to go race, and when I got back they were the first ones I wanted to catch up on. What a terrible shame they never made it out the box.....
frown.gif