starting/breaking in

katylee

Visit site
how do you find someone that you trust to break in/start your youngster? can anyone recommend anywhere? seems like it must be like finding a livery yard, you dont know what its like till you move your horse there? would you chose somewhere close so you can visit? or go where ever the best people for the job are? thanks!

gemmaw

Visit site
its a fair way away but i know of a fantastic man in wales who does a brilliant job, he starts youngsters off for big names and does a brilliant job. I took blade there when he was recommended by some showing friends of mine and he's great, definately go back. if you want the details pm me (he's very reasonably priced too)

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I thnk personal recommendation is best. We have taken the odd one in, in the past and are going to start doing it again, as friends keep complaining they cant find someone they trust to do the job sympathetically and where they can be involved in the process.

If I was to send a horse away I'd want to send it to the right person, not the closest and would go on recommendation of people who know the way I like my horses produced. I'd also want to be sure who would be doing the riding as know of plenty of yards where it seems the working pupils get the 'fun' jobs such as sitting on babies for the first time