Starvation or Hunted....least cruel method

CARREG

Visit site
Following on from my post about how the LACS allow deer at their "sanctuary" to die of starvation, what method would you think is the least cruel, sitting back and doing nothing while animals around you take weeks if not months to die, or a swift few hours around the countryside in front of hounds before being humanely dispatched.............Carreg

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
In a natural balanced eco system death through starvation is very rare. This is because weakened animals are quickly dispatched by a more powerful predator. Hunting replicates this and offers a more welfare freindly way out.

Antoninus_Pluck

Visit site
If our hunt master made the chase a "swift few hours" he'd be given the heeve-ho pretty quickly, I can tell you! A good six, seven, even eight hours is what we need chasing the animal. The stag loves it!!! Tell the antis to sod off!

Hercules

Visit site
''Stalk on foot and shoot with a rifle.

No need to tell me that it wont work, it happens all the time in Scotland.''

So is LACS now in full support of shooting and stalking activities? It wasn't the last time that I visited their misinformed website.

However, the hypocrisy doesn't suprise me in the slightest.

Hercules

Visit site
''Ah but a bunch of assorted misfits wouldn't get any fun from that, would they?''

Wrong again mungo. I am a keen stalker and game shot.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Why let them get into that condition in the first place? No one think of phoning RSPCA or the like-just because they go by the name LACS doesnt mean they should be immune from prosecution for causing suffering etc.Why was nothing (apparently) done .Had it been a horse or dog owner...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mairi :(.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Hi B, but doesnt the land used for said sanctuary belong to someone and , isnt it fenced to keep the deer in? I would say that the landowner is responsible for what goes on on his property or at least should inform the authorities who hes rented it to. Are the McCartneys involved? Cant suffer them. M. :(

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I wondered that, but was told 'the deer can come and go'. It's not a prison, I was assured. If they are free to leave, the deer must be very stupid if they don't go where the food is. I thought that was the main problem with them!

wurzel

Visit site
The problem is this...

LACS have been feeding the deer with hay, silage and artificial concentrates. This means the deer are obviously attracted onto the sanctuary (which is the object), with the consequence of gross overstocking of deer.

Subsequently a majority of the deer get worms, TB, lose condition and then starve to death.

LACS think they are being kind (in the tiny, townie minds) but really they are just very, very stupid.