State Diplomacy

Maggie2

Visit site
He stood at Beechwood Grange Stud in York, I don't believe he ever evented himself. Full TB, they'd tell you more at the stud, you'll find them if you Google them. Mr and Mrs Knowles.

Tufty

Visit site
1982 he was born a 16.2 thoroughbred Bay but have never heard of him eventing - It amazes me all the time you hear these names branded about as if they are famous horses and hardly any information to be found out about them on the web - this horsey world needs to get into the 21st century - we need to be able to google it and they should tell us what they ate for breakfast etc and if they are living in a lovely field in the country retired etc LOL

KateStartin

Visit site
He is local to me, don't know all that much about him but there are quite a few horses by him around. Mostly nice, used to see a few show hunters around and he has sired some event horses.

TURBOBERT

Visit site
Several show and BYEH types. Dont know of any that have reached 3* or 4* eventing - but then I dont know how old the sire is - or indeed if he is still alive. Usually big upstanding horse - nice types

Sparklet

Visit site
Hi My girl is by him (the one in my avatar). He died some time ago and I think his youngest offspring are about 5 now.

His babies have been quite sucessful in various spheres and my instructor has three, one of which was used for eventing (not sure what level) and dressage (up to Advanced). His offspring are reknown for having ability, athleticism and attitude.

My girl was sucessfully shown before I got her and she is now learning dressage - she is such a quick learner I affiliated her in Aug and she is already chalking up some sucess - 1st last week with a 69.58% score.

charlotte1

Visit site
My girl has certainly got attitude. She raced before i got her, but has the most amazing paces for a TB, and has just started to do well in dressage, but hopfully will be an event horse next year.

Sparklet

Visit site
Ohh we're almost related.

Mine is 16.3 and only 7/8 TB because she has a pinch of ID in there from her mothers side via maternal grandfather (John O'Gaunt - 1980 Burghley winner).

She is virtually black in winter with a toffee nose - more dark bay in summer. They do have fab paces - very loose. What is yours like?

charlotte1

Visit site
She's 16.1hh pure TB, but the fine type, she to is almost black in winter with a brown nose and a white star, but then went a horrid bleached bay in the summer. She's only really just starting to show her ture potential as it's taken a year to settle her after racing as she can be very explosive, and opinionated.

Sparklet

Visit site
I do hope she does well in eventing - you will have to keep me posted on her progress, it would be really intestesting to know how she gets on.

Kizzy has legs that Naomi Campbell would kill for - really long cannon bones so she looks really leggy. I was told she 'jumped like a stag' when I bought her but I am not terribly keen on jumping so that bit is spoilt I suppose.

There are quite a lot of State Diplomacy offspring round my way because the Stallion was about 50 miles away. You used to see quite a lot coming through the Young Event Horse at Burghley but that stopped when his youngsters became too old.

bellgave

Visit site
A very very sucessfull small hunter State Policy I know is by him, he won a hell of a lot of BIG classes and is a gorgeous little horse. There are a lot of show horses by him.

Sparklet

Visit site
Yes - affiliated her in Aug and just go going and she is doing better than I had expected with scores between 67 and 70% so pretty pleased so far. We have had a few 9's for free walk - that'll be down to the great big dangly legs.

She is a quick learner and a real tries hard to please so schooling her has been really easy. Her worst fault is she can nap a tiny little bit and has a brilliant on the spot bouncy canter which she uses when she doesnt want to go forward. Rarely displayed though fortunately.

If yours is anything like mine she will make a fab eventer - what have you done so far?

charlotte1

Visit site
Mine is such the opposite, she has a fab trot, but really struggles with the canter as she has such big open strides, but it's starting to come, and every time you try and teach her sometime new she'll throw the biggest strops for a week then she'll decided that she can do and it's not that difficult. I also have a few handling problems with her as she can be quite evil in the stable and hates having rugs put on, put once out for the stable she as sweet as anything.

I've done a few ODE's with her and she's done reasonable well, and have just started to do a bit of dressage with her coming into the winter and she really starting to get the hang of it now and has been placed every time in the last few outings.