grin.gif
grin.gif

I've heard about them ... nothing but trouble
wink.gif
grin.gif

Kate260881

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Since many people seem to be avoiding the controversy I feel I will add my opinion.

Pure bred TB - could only afford a TB, generally a bit nervy/neurotic
Pure bred Arab - long flowing hair they can flick in sync with their horse. Doesn't understand the meaning of long riding boots.
WB (specify if imported ) - wannabe be like the cool kids that ride on tv, generally failing on an epic level.
Coloured Cob (wall eye or not) - can't ride anything faster than a cob, likes to gallop safely in straight lines.
Non coloured cob - Couldn't afford the coloured version.
Appy - Wannabe cowboy, spends most of their time with a carrot stick in hand as the Appy tries to maul them.
QH - wannabe cowboy, 'trial' rides and aspires to Le Trec
Welshie - Fancy cob owner, they had more money but no courage.
Higland - Scottish and needs everyone to know it.
Fresian - Wanted a black horse, can't ride.
Clysedale/Shire/gigantic horse - A tad on the chubby side or an old man
Heinz 57 (unknown parentage not a cob) - Can't afford a WB but wants to be like the cool kids anyway, 'you know how many horses that do Badminton without know parentage? Well this is the next one.'

Please note these are funny stereotypes, I don't actually believe every breed owner is like this (just most of them)

[/ QUOTE ]

That had me rolling around laughing and my OH coming to see if I was having a fit! Couple of mine (don't know enough current owners to comment on them all):

Fresian - never really grew out of playing with pony models and wanted a real life one... tend to be FAR too soppy
ISH - can't admit that their horse is actually just of a truck from Ireland
Non-coloured Cob - wanted a WB but couldn't afford/was too scared to get one - said cob has all the dressage diva gear though

Vicki1986

Visit site
Heinz 57 - call their pony a "Heinz 57" because its posher than calling it a pikey pony!! Jack of all trades, master of none.

thats based on me anyway and yes i am one of those people who is forever wondering what my pony actually 'is' or where she came from but i have given up now as its prob best not to know!!!

Ziggy_

Visit site
QR

Haven't read previous posts and am bound to offend someone.

TB owner - good rider, but broke. Probably drives a battered little car and wears holey jodhs.

Pure bred arab owner - The sort of person who was dying to be in the popular clique at school, but never quite made it. Probably a housewife with a rich hubby.

WB owner - either one of those magical people who stays looking immaculate even after tidying the muck heap, with a perfect riding position, who's also very modest and nice to be around, OR an overhorsed novice.

Coloured cob owner - happy hacker. uncompetitive.

Non coloured cob owner - sensible and a bit dull

Welsh owner - probably slightly older, wanted something safe and sensible, got a bolshy little hooligan, now walks on tip toes and makes all sorts of excuses not to ride

Highland owner - 5'2'' and tubby. Sort of person you'd like to be your mum!

Friesian owner - more money than sense

Clydesdale/gigantic horse owner - mid 40s, slightly overweight, and nervous

Heinz 57 - Non horsey mum with a spoilt son/daughter. Has delusions of grandeur. Secretly thinks their pony must be related to milton. Or red rum.

MontyandZoom

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

TB owner - good rider, but broke. Probably drives a battered little car and wears holey jodhs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is me!!!! Battered ancient citroen saxo with one wing mirror and a hole in the crotch of my jods.

Unfortunately I'm a bit crap at riding but other than that an accurate description.

ironhorse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

How does anyone 'aspire' to Trec? It's something to do in between shows to keep QH brain occupied so it is not plotting anything too evil!
Wannabe cowboy? I'm not really buying that one, OH walks around with his spurs on because it makes women chat him up!
Trial rides - presume you mean trail rides, fat chance in motorway-locked midlands!
Most amusing is the stereotype that QHs only do western things - they also do dressage, polocrosse, jump, hunt, and (much to their disgust) carry side saddle...While I completely agree with the humour of the thread, it shows that 'English' riders have some serious misconceptions - come to the WES championships or any of the AQHA UK shows and you'll see we're not weirdos, just normal people enjoying seriously fun horses!

Kate260881

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How does anyone 'aspire' to Trec? It's something to do in between shows to keep QH brain occupied so it is not plotting anything too evil!
Wannabe cowboy? I'm not really buying that one, OH walks around with his spurs on because it makes women chat him up!
Trial rides - presume you mean trail rides, fat chance in motorway-locked midlands!
Most amusing is the stereotype that QHs only do western things - they also do dressage, polocrosse, jump, hunt, and (much to their disgust) carry side saddle...While I completely agree with the humour of the thread, it shows that 'English' riders have some serious misconceptions - come to the WES championships or any of the AQHA UK shows and you'll see we're not weirdos, just normal people enjoying seriously fun horses!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're misinterpretting the tone of this thread. Its all very tongue in cheek.

Tia

Visit site
Pure bred TB = poor person but good riding abilities and probably lacking in sense
grin.gif

Pure bred Arab = arab owners are all about showing off
grin.gif
. Look at my pretty face, Lol!

WB (specify if imported ) = well there are two types; those with plenty of money who buy direct from the breeders of some superlative stock ... and then there are those who buy ex-PMU WBs from dodgy British dealers for a half the price that a decent WB would cost and often these horses are seriously substandard horses, let alone WBs.

Coloured Cob (wall eye or not) = not very good riders but smart enough to realise this so buy a suitable slow sturdy horse which is great for their confidence.

Non coloured cob = same as above but with a tighter budget and less available cash in the bank.

Appy = real gung ho rider! Loves to ride on the edge by whizzing these great big beasties around over any terrain and take them into any environment ... generally at great speed!
grin.gif

QH = someone who loves going at breakneck speed! The love to spin around on a dime, do fairly risky (possibly silly) things, go anywhere, do anything type of people in the knowledge that they have a clever animal under them who can handle absolutely anything thrown at them, even if the rider can't!

Welshie = little kid who has no fear and loves to blast around on something rather pretty.

Higland = larger framed adult who has lost their confidence.

Fresian = someone who watched too many Black Beauty episodes as a child, but not smart enough to realise that BB was not Friesian.

Clysedale/Shire/gigantic horse = someone who simply doesn't care what others think. Probably a small person who wants to feel taller than anyone else around, Lol!

Heinz 57 (unknown parentage not a cob) = the smartest of the lot! The buyer for this horse knows exactly what they want out of a horse and they don't give a damn about it's breeding, so long as the horse can do the job well, that's all they care about.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Clysedale/Shire/gigantic horse = someone who simply doesn't care what others think. Probably a small person who wants to feel taller than anyone else around, Lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this one the best (except I'm not short
grin.gif
)

catdragon

Visit site
Cob Owner (me)...someone who realises as they are getting older that with her arthritis there is NO WAY that she'll be able to get on a big beautiful 17.2hh WB ... So decides that her 15.2 HW cob will not only take up her tall (5'10.5") frame but that she can also get on as needs be out on a hack, and if she should happen to hit the deck off the spooky monster its not so far to fall as she doesn't bounce too well these days !!

Theresa_F

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm you found me out - never quite making 5' really left me feeling very very small, hence riding a 17 hand clyde so at least when mounted I am the same height as other riders.

Are you sure you have QHs - what you describe sounds like a gypsy cob
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Coloured Cob (wall eye or not) = not very good riders but smart enough to realise this so buy a suitable slow sturdy horse which is great for their confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is me Tia!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Lol!!
grin.gif
Nooooo
shocked.gif
, one cob under my ownership over a span of 40-odd years is quite enough for me
grin.gif
. And didn't tend to do anything at breakneck speed, but she was actually quite a nice ride so I can sort of see the other side of the coin ... but still, I only bought her for the trail riding and wouldn't have her for me, but she suits her new owner perfectly.
cool.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is me Tia!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See you can tell I've been a livery yard owner for 20 years can't you, Lol! I've met pretty much every type of horse and owner over the years and there really is the option for stereotyping folks.
smile.gif
I don't care what type of horses people have, and you know, my own preferences have changed vastly over the years so the thing is, what suits this year may not be what people want in 10 years. I used to always have complete and utter nutter horses; no way would I be bothered with those sorts anymore. I still want the speed but I do want my horses to have self-preservation too ... that's why the QHs suit me. They are not everyone's cup of tea (and to be honest, listening to all the rubbish spouted out on here from people who obviously don't have the faintest idea about QHs) I'm glad they aren't.
cool.gif

frb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I like this version
grin.gif

If Horses Were in High School, What Cliques Would They Be In?
• Quarter Horses: Definitely jocks. Strutting around flexing those muscles, showing off their butts...definitely jocks.
• Thoroughbreds: Preppies. Sometimes athletes, never 'jocks'. Monogrammed blankets, leather halters, Nike eventer shoes, the latest custom trailer and tack. They are the "new money" rich.
• Appaloosas: Could only be the stoners. They like to trip acid so they can watch their spots move.
• Arabians: RAH! RAH! SIS BOOM BAH! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!! (need I say more?)
• Shetland Ponies: Frightening, spiky hairdos, snotty attitudes and any color of the rainbow .... gotta be PUNKS. Some even sport tattoos.
• Friesians: Big, buff, and always in black, they are the biker clique. Cigs hanging out of the corner of their mouths, dangerous glint in the eyes, daring anyone to cross their path.
• Morgans: They're the nerdy teacher's pets, running around doing everything from yearbook to decorating the gym and ratting out the bikers, stoners and jocks. They have perpetual wedgies.
• Drafts (all breeds): No real clique, they're just the big guys who sit in the back of the room and fart a lot (and then laugh). Who's going to STOP them?
• Icelandics and Paso Finos: They're the little squirrely geeks who flit around a dance trying to fit in and fail miserably. The kind who wear Toughskins jeans from Sears (or would that be ripoff WeathaBeetas??).
• Ahkle Tekl (Akle Takl? Ackle Tackle....!! Akhal Teke!!): Foreign exchange student(s). And no one can spell their names either.
• Hackney Ponies: A breed this manic would have to be a band geek. Marching along with their knees and heads held high.....even going to the bathroom.
• Warmbloods: Old Money Preppies, as opposed to the TBs who are new money preppies. All their tack is imported from Europe, they drink Perrier water and eat only organically grown feed. They look down on everyone and talk amongst themselves about summer in Paris and skiing in Gstad and wasn't it dreadful how provincial Spruce Meadows has become?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! That is my imported dutch hanovarian warmblood to a 'T'! and yes we do dressage...
wink.gif

Silverspring

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Pure bred Arab = arab owners are all about showing off
grin.gif
. Look at my pretty face, Lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly that's not me but I'm not a true Arab owner because 1. I didn't buy my Arab she was a gift and 2. My Arab has only the slightest dish in her face, she's out of racing stock so looks more like a grey hound than an ornament.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I am an Appy owner, and don't own a stetson
tongue.gif

I like Tia's take on it, but would add, probably argumentative, enjoy's a laugh and like the horse believes that he/she is always right
grin.gif