Stick to the rehab plan you galactic moron..

BBP

Visit site
BBP was diagnosed with chronic psd and muscular back pain this week. Vet and osteo recommend that as it’s chronic he can do in hand walking, doesn’t need to rest fully, just don’t do anything silly. Usually he will go anywhere with me in hand. But today he decided it was the day to have a full galactic sized melt down in the road, culminating in rearing, spinning and falling over on the road. Taken a load of flesh off his hock, no bone visible but full thickness skin removed and likely to have twisted his back. So if you can all please keep your fingers crossed that none of the synovial structures are affected I would appreciate it. Clearly he decided I needed to round up this months vets bill to 4 figures instead of the £900 it was sitting at.
(The cause of his meltdown was two girls stood at the end of their drive waiting for the nice horse to come past, I have no idea what bbp saw, but that’s what I saw.)
Not only is his future uncertain but mine too, as I felt pretty close to having a heart attack.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
What BBP saw? :

Fingers crossed for that he heals without any more drama. {{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Flair for drama... is he part Spanish? ?

I fear that my current horse is my last horse because I'm likely to end up with a heart condition! These animals!

SEL

Visit site
I think you need to invest in a few large bottles of gin. ... and maybe bubblewrap! Hope he hasn't damaged himself too badly.

BBP

Visit site
It could have been a lot worse. It hasn’t blown up during the day and looks the same now as it did at lunchtime, so I’m hoping I’ve got away with it. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. He has antibiotics and danilon just in case.
Not sure why it’s sideways, maybe it’s re-enacting the scene when he was splatted on the floor in the middle of the road.

8DAA159A-32F1-411F-BE2B-590310844501.jpeg

Surbie

Visit site
Yeee-ouch! They don't do themselves any favours do they?! Hope it heals well and he's not worse off for the acrobatics.