Sticky bum breeches? and grippy stirrups?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Hi, looking for a good pair of sticky bums! I had a gel out seat saver but I don't find it very grippy, compared to the leather it is grippier but nothing that would make any difference to gripping me in the saddle. I have completely worn out my Caldene sticky bums, they are covered in little holes from hunting and snagging them on hedges etc! So I want a pair that's a bit smarter for Showjumping. I compete young horses at their first shows and have just bought a horse that has the most powerful jump I've ever sat, so at the risk of loosing my seat I wan't to reduce the chance :D I have a good seat anyway, I jump bareback and am known for my stickability but I'd like to feel safer. When I ride in my smooth bum breeches I feel a real difference.

Any reccomendations appreciated ! also any grippy stirrups to help keep feet in? ideally not too expensive but I know you get what you pay for.

Thanks

Ella19

Visit site
Best grippy stirrups I have found are cheap and cheerful shires cheesegrater type. I've gone for the shires reflex as I wanted some give in my stirrup for shock absorbing. They're amazing. Never lose a stirrup and only £20!

Pie's mum

Visit site
I find breeches with that fake suede stuff (can't for the life of me remember what it's called!) are the best for not sliding around. After wearing them for some years I made the mistake of riding in cotton seated breeches. It was awful - I felt so unsafe!