Stiffness in pony today..

Mistyrocks

Visit site
I was riding Misty out bon a hack today and i was cantering in and she didn't feel right at all in the back left hind. I cantered again to check on the right lead and she felt even worse so i didn't do anymore but i trotted her on the road and she was defo stiff in that hind. She's 16-17 and has done lots of jumping over the years, i am worried that its athritis. However it's not in the foot as she has perfect feet! I got off and checked during the hack. My friend said she wasn't swinging as much with that leg, and it was as free as her back right. We are reaccessing her tomorrow and hopefully it will have righted itself but i don't think it will have as it felt really bad, yet she was as eager as ever so perhaps i have caught it in time................. Any ideas of what it could be we think its in her hock....

EllieBeast

Visit site
Aw, hope she feels better soon. however, dont discount the problem being in her foot, even horses with near perfect feet can get bruised soles, abcesses etc.

pixiebee

Visit site
is she stabled alot? my pony who unfortunately has to be kept in 24/7 over winter gets stiff. It eases offf withing 10-15 minutes of bending/trotting etc- if it is just stiffness not lameness, you could always try supplementing the feed with oils or vitamins designed for joints, or even cortaflex-great but expensive!!!!