Still none the wiser

Madam_max

Visit site
So, vet came and gave Corroy a thorough examination today, flexion test etc. No lameness. Took her in the school to lunge and she was bone idle, although she had worked hard in there 2 hours previous. Scanned her ovaries they were fine. Just waiting to see what her bloods look like tomorrow after hard work.

Vet said it's difficult when horses go like this and maybe consider turning her away for 2 months
frown.gif
. Thing is she hasn't even been schooled much this summer and she does such a variety of things, jumping, hacking, schooling, lunging, competing etc.

I am at a of a loss to be honest.
confused.gif

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
very frustrating, not sure of the history but failing to show anything physical, ie lameness, it maybe that she just needs a break/rest. This may help to rejuvinate her both physically and mentally.
best of luck
regards
Dawn

Bossanova

Visit site
Have you considered it may be EPSM?
I'm no expert on the condition but some of the symptoms sound like they could maybe be a sign of it.

Madam_max

Visit site
I have heard bits about EPSM, but I don't understand what it is. Could you enlighten me? I just don'y understand at the beginning of the year she was getting placed at everything and now its like someone has switched the light off.

She gets fed a scoop of hi-fi and a scoop of tiger oats and half a scoop of pasture mix twice a day with a joint supplement and Nutonic.

I don't even normally need to feed her this time of year.
confused.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Have you considered changing her Hi-Fi to just pure Alfa A? Maybe she just needs something a bit extra this year...

Hope something comes up with the bloods then at least you know what you are dealing with. Although in another way I hope there is nothing wrong with her too... Could she not be down because of the phantom pregnancy? I know when Tia had two she was really down for ages after it and we just had to let her be.

Madam_max

Visit site
I think it prob is the pregancy thing. When they scanned her ovaries they were very inactive, either looks like she has just come out of season or has fininshed for the year (which is most unlike her-this early). I'll see if my lovely YO can get me some Alfa A. Thanks.

Tempi

Visit site
hiya, sorry to hear Corroy still isnt right. I hope the bloods through something up, so then at least you might have an answer to the problem.

Bloss has lazyitus at the moment too, im sure hers is because there is just no goodness in the grass at the moment and our haylage is cr*p to say the least.

If you have to turn her away for a break you'l have to come and have a ride on Bloss! Ive got another lesson at Quob tonight too.