Stinker Did It

Theresa_F

Visit site
Very proud mum, Stinker won the 2 year old class at the Amature Showing Society. Great experience and I recommend this show to anyone like me who faffs at local shows and wants a taste of how things are done with serious people.

We both had a great weekend and learnt lots.

What really made me happy was the Judge said one of the reasons he won is that he is not over produced and was in perfect condition for a 2 year old - after being told by local judges he needed more weight and refusing to have a fat youngster I finally feel rewarded for my stance.

Here is the little beast and me being a muppet with my eyes closed - it blew a gale that day.

81081.jpg

truffles

Visit site
He looks fantastic, no wonder you stole 1st place!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well done both of you!

*gasp* What is the secret of this white leggies?
shocked.gif
smile.gif

Tania29

Visit site
Well done Theresa, he is looking great! He has grown since i last saw him!! I bet you are really pleased,what a little star,much deserved. Tell O/H i`m sorry i didn`t make it up to see my boy on Sunday but i was left with out a car, very upset as i really wanted to see my baby.

JAK

Visit site
Stinker is a stunner!
cool.gif

You both look fab & what a truly lovely overall impression, you must be sooooo proud! Well done on sticking to your guns Theresa, he looks beautiful!

Got any more piccies? Want to see more!
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
He was a git - nearly trampled the shetlands and had great fun prancing around with Maddies and really showing off. Ate 7 packs of polos, 2 bags of carrots, 3 flapjacks and 6 apples!

He then refused to load. Poor Andy and Neil took over a hour to get him on. Andy is worried people will think he is cruel and he gave him the ends of the western reins hard on his bum to no effect apart from him bucking and running Neil over. They didn't have a whip with them - told them to take one.

In the end they parked the lorry against the fence as he wouldn't spin that way and Andy literally dragged him up the ramp.

Everyone cheered when he eventually went on - think he provided plenty of entertainment.

Apparently he had that f**k you expression.

Chris came out today, he is delighted with his condition. He is 4/10ths lame on the right fore, not surprising when he leaped all over the place and hammered up and down the ramp. He is on some bute but nothing to worry about. Chris said no problems with the eye and is happy to see him once a year. I will get him checked in 6 months time though as Chancer is due his jabs.

Hopefully you will get to see him soon.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Pig oil and sulphur over wet months.

Day before - fairy washing up liquid, then grannie soap flakes. Finally mix equimmins whitener and paint on starting at the bottom layer. Apply leg wraps and pray!

Next day brush out and a quick spray of white magic and walk to ring avoiding puddles, piles of poo, mud.

I let him get as dirty as he wants - not one of those who keep them in case they get muddy legs. Just takes longer to achieve the white look.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Not really it was the old boy who has low ringbone and if he will act like a 2 year old and have tantrums going in the lorry you can expect him to be sore.

Now on the other hand, the two year old walked straight on and off his trailer without even a snort - he is a good little baby.

Cairo will be fine in a couple of weeks - just a bit jarred and nothing to worry about.