Stinky Stuff?

Denbob

Visit site
Is it worth the fuss? Have been seeing a few posts on social media and even after clipping D is itchy in his mane and tail, wondering if it's worth a try.

Any experiences/alternative suggestions appreciated!

Denbob

Visit site
No - it's just overpriced neem oil. Neem oil didn't work on my itchy pony but if you want to give neem a try there are cheaper ways of buying it.

Ah good to know, will look into it thank you!

Never used it but I just buy pure benzyl benzoate and dilute it with aqueous cream and apply it every few days and it stops them rubbing.

That's good to know thank you :)

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Following, my cob always has a itchy tail in summer. Itches it raw if I stable him, no pin worms but never got to the bottom of it..

Micky

Visit site
I’m sure I read somewhere that adding spirulina in feed can help enormously with sweet itch..think you have to disguise the taste as not to every horses palate...

Chippers1

Visit site
I use it on mine, he has mild sweet itch and it stopped him itching almost instantly. His bog brush tail grew back and his mane which had pretty much all fallen out and was straggly grew back too. He would scratch a bald patch on his face and that stopped too.
I cant remember now where I read it but it's not just pure neem oil as they have added some other ingredients too but for the life of me I can't remember what they are!
It's a bit of a faff to apply but I apply every other day when there's lots of flies then drop down to once or twice a week. Works for me!