Stirrup leathers

littleredmare

Visit site
What are some good stirrup leathers that aren't too expensive but don't rub the saddle?

I have a Bates jump saddle with the Bates webbers (T bar ones) and Free Jumps, but I'm buying some ordinary stirrups (probably Compositi ones) for when my horse is exercised by the YO and the Bates webbers don't fit on these.

Any suggestions?? They cannot rub the saddle. And not too expensive either as they'll only be used once a week!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
With a Bates saddle the best leathers are Bates leathers. They don't run the saddle. I appreciate they aren't cheap but they are the best with that saddle. :)

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Is there a reason YO can't exercise in the free jumps? Just thinking by the time you have new leather and stirrups it will be fairly expensive. I also have passive leathers which are very good, but have seen a lot of people say with bates saddle you really need bates leathers.

littleredmare

Visit site
Is there a reason YO can't exercise in the free jumps?

I don't keep them at the yard because they're expensive to replace if they get stolen (insurance doesn't cover them with my tack) and I can't run them up the leathers so I just take them off the saddle, but now I'm thinking I'll have to leave them there for the YO because I can't find any decent leathers!

Thank you everyone x