Stirrup recommendations please (sorry)

albeg

Visit site
Looking at changing my stirrups, as finding my Bow Balance are bit too flexible. Ideally a reasonably wide tread, and wonky/creaky ankle gets sore after a while in bent leg stirrups, so something with some flex might be helpful too.

Ellietotz

Visit site
Would like to follow this. I have Sprenger flexi stirrups at the moment which have completely stopped my knees from hurting but my dodgy ankle still hurts. It feels like it pops out and like it will break if I try to move it!

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Jinns are my favorite. Flexi ones were too flexi and made my smashed ankle worse, whereas I can do 2 hour hacks comfortably with my knockoff Jinns 😁

albeg

Visit site
Spikey enough, better grip than rubber treads but not as firm as cheesegrater treads if that makes sense :)

Thanks, so not spiky enough to do much damage if you smack yourself off them? (or hopefully not scratch saddle)

Does anyone have any experience of the Kinko vs the originals?

I rate my acavallo operas

Are the treads as spiky as they look in pictures?

albeg

Visit site
Thanks all, going to try the Compositi flex to see if a wider tread does the job for creaky ankle, and probably treat myself to Jins if the wider tread does the job :D

albeg

Visit site
I'd say they're 'good spiky' 🤣 keep your feet secure but not scratchy

I like them much better than the compositi

Not scratchy sounds good, I'm brilliant at taking chunks out of myself, so don't need my stirrups to be able to help (recently gave myself a fat lip uncrossing my stirrups) 🤣

I'll have to try find Acavallos and Jins locally and see can I borrow them for a test drive.