Stirrups

Champion1969

Visit site
I'm currently posting this message from my hospital bed after my saddle slipped whilst I was closing a gate, unfortunately I couldnt release my feet from my stirrups, thankfully my horse helped me along with that. Result; a nasty torn hamstring, so now I'm on the hunt for safety stirrup recommadations please, maybe a bit too later after the horse has bolted 😀

fairyclare

Visit site
Freejumps!! I had an accident 2 years ago and although it was noting to do with getting caught in the stirrup I looked at my current tack and changed my stirrups as I could easily have been dragged or caught up.

Embo

Visit site
Another vote for Freejumps. They are expensive but so safe and they feel so secure when you're riding. So glad I bought mine - think of it as an investment in your safety!

Visit site
I have a pair of bent leg stirrups, which are sort of safety ones I think, They weren't too expensive. In fact Champion if they are any good to you can have them for postage costs ! I no longer ride

Shay

Visit site
We have bow balance rather than free jump - nothing much between them price wise but for XC / eventing we found them more secure than the free jumps for a light rider. Both disengage really easily in a fall. Plus the spring action takes pressure off knees and ankles if you spend a long time in the saddle.

MouseInLux

Visit site
I just got myself some freejumps, I switched from the normal sprenger stirrups which I had been using for my knees.
I love my freejumps, they stick to my feet and also have enough flex on them to absorb the shock that used to kill my knees.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I like my simple bent leg irons - cheap and basic but I think they do the job. Freejumps are so expensive I personally couldnt spend so much on them when compared to the usual cheap stainless steel ones, their only difference I see is they're lighter.