Stirrups

MJN72

Visit site
Hi. I’m looking to purchase a new pair of stirrups and leathers and a bit stuck as to which ones to go for so would really appreciate your views/recommendations please!
I’d ideally like a fairly lightweight pair of stirrups (for general every day use and competing).. I have size 7/8 feet so would need to be a minimum width of 4.75”. (I use a monoflap jump saddle, in case that matters).
Do some stirrups have to have certain leathers to go with them?
Looking forward to your comments, thank you!

Mary jones

Visit site
I recommend free jump, really changed the way I ride, and reduced ankle/ knee pain. You also can get leathers to go with them

Dyllymoo

Visit site
My Jin stirrups are really lightweight. I have a pair I have had for around 4 or 5 years so not sure what they are like now, but I have had 2 saddlers comment on how lightweight they are and I find they are quite sturdy. I only have silver I'm not very adventurous!

mini_b

Visit site
My Jin stirrups are really lightweight. I have a pair I have had for around 4 or 5 years so not sure what they are like now, but I have had 2 saddlers comment on how lightweight they are and I find they are quite sturdy. I only have silver I'm not very adventurous!

Another vote for jins!
They look smart and traditional in silver and they are “supportive” feeling. I use with pravins sellier wide leathers.
I’ve got awful hip pain and this combo seems helps whilst I’m riding, as it’s no longer hurting on board so much. I then do stretches/physio when I’m out of the saddle.

AFB

Visit site
I have Jin's too - lightweight and well made, and I found the wide footplate really helped stabilise my lower leg.

Leather wise I've just bought a pair of Henry James with half holes which are great for minor adjustments.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Jins for me too. I find the wide footbed very comfortable and they are a nice light weight but easy enough to find if you lose one. I use them with Wow t bar leathers for minimal bulk.