Stockland Lovell report

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
On behalf of CCJ who is at this moment eating her first proper meal of the day, she won't eat a thing until she's finished competing.
The day didn't start that well for me, I found I'd set the alarm for 5 am not 6am and as always being worried I'd oversleep actually woke at 4 am. I didn't feel that brilliant either, possibly a bug our builders have all had, but whatever it was, I just took some medicine and got going.
Now Stockland Lovell has always been a mixed result type of venue for us, my husband has won un-aff ODE and HT there, but our last event ended with CCJ and Chocolate prostrate on the floor, his owner had come from Antigua to watch and they fell at a trakener..
Last week at Bickenhall Chocx had won his class but poor Jack who we'd expected to storm round got eliminated at a ditch, we later found not only did we have a bit that was too severe but his back was badly out too.
So we arrived not expecting much, if Chocx managed to get round without any stops and jack not get eliminated that would be a good result.
The weather was being really odd, from warm sunshine to terrible bouts of heavy rain, and sure enough, as C wnet over to the arena on Chocx, it chucked it down, she ended up with it going right through her hacking jacket and her breeeches were soaked too. Chocx did a reasonable test but broke his canter for two strides, he finds these type of tests utterly boring and switches off..He came out in the top six with a 32, then jumped clear SJ. They set off XC and C came back laughing, he loved all of it except approaching the fence he fell at (an even bigger version was in it this time) when she had to kick on and he flew it.
Back to Jack, who with a very soggy rider set off for his test. They hadn't got very far when it rained again, but this time when she was in her test. C watched as a line of hail built up along his plaits but he did a very obedient test if not very enthusiasically to get 30.5.
He then jumped clear SJ, and they went XC. She had to ride him at the trakener but he finished clear if very wet as it rained yet again..
The end results were Chocx was 5th in his section, and Jack 2nd, guess who beat us yet again,,Terry Boon. (that's four times now he's been 1st and us 2nd).
A good day overall and next is the PNP at Pontispool, then Novice at west Wilts.
What good horses they both were, and what horrible weather for May!
Thanks to Wizoz who went with c XC schooling on Thursday to give leads over ditches, it's thanks to her he did so well today!
Pics not available yet but some super ones to come soon.

dingle12

Visit site
Well done i had a little look at the results.
smile.gif

wizoz

Visit site
I saw, I saw, just had to look at results and was SOOOOOO pleased she did it, TWICE!!!!
grin.gif

Fantastic to be placed with both boys and i'm glad Chocx managed to fly the Trakhener and Jacques put his ditchiness behind him
laugh.gif
Big pats for them all
wink.gif

XC schooling was fun, boy that Jacques can jump a ditch
shocked.gif
Did you know that ditches were 4ft high?
tongue.gif
grin.gif

henryhorn

Yes thank goodness, they used to have it on top of the hill, and I swear
it made it more difficult as horses were watching others start their XC very near to it.
I only saw three jumps and Jack's dressage test all day, Chocolate will answer him if he yells so I had to stand hand feeding him (the theory being he can't whinney with a mouth full of haylage!)
I found a good hole in the hedge to see the first 3 fences but there was so little time between the two horses I had to stay by the box.
How do they expect you to swap saddles, change rider , warm up the next one with just a 20 min gap between XC times? They ended up calling for CCJ luckily she was already trotting hurredly over to the start...

seabiscuit

Visit site
Wow, another double whammy, CCJ is definately ready to move up to Novice!!

Are both horses going Novice or just Jack?

and HOW annoying about Terry Boon !!!

Fiona

Visit site
Well done team narramore!

We had the same sort of weather over here, and OH managed NOT to get wet once (lucky or what). Poor C, and poor you having to stay in the lorry for most of the day.

We took two out last weekend, and I'm afraid I just left F to get on with it (lots of screaming a cow kicking), but I imagine competing with a stallion is a much more tricky business.

Fiona

henryhorn

They are already entered for the PNP at Pontispool, but C thinks WW sounds a nice Novice course so she will try and get Chocolate in there, Jack is aimed at the Novice at Nutwell Court.
It was a decent sort of course today, quite a few of the jumps were classed as Novice last time we competed there but were in PN this time.
Yes, I have warned a certain Mr Boon his days are numbered though I reckon he must groan when he sees CCJ in his section as we do when we see him in ours, sometimes he wins by a percentage of a mark, but today was a whole 5 marks..

SpottedCat

Visit site
Well done sounds like a super day.

Jack will have no trouble with the Novice at Nutwell if it is anything like last year, it is more like a slightly large PN than a novice! Perfect place to take him for the first run. They'd softened it so much last year that the corner I jumped in the PN with no alternative two years early was in the Novice with an alternative!

Haniki

Visit site
Well done CCJ and 'the groom'! I think we will have to sabotage Mr Boon somehow! Hope you are feeling better Sue.