Stockland Lovell

ajf

Visit site
Is anyone near there?
Whats the weather like?
Will it be cancelled?
Sat at home and its chucking it down and wondering do I really have to clean my tack
wink.gif

Thanks
laugh.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
im quite local and one year (2007) i think )i was totally convinced they would cancel,(non stop rain for 10 days before)!!!!!! i popped up there, to just be 100% sure they had cancelled!! was gobsmacked to see how amazing the ground was and even as the last horse of the day ran the ground was holding really really well!! They moved heaven and eath to run including removing some more tricky fences and the showjumping into the all weather!!! I would be very very sup if they cancelled!!

ajf

Visit site
Thanks guys
Suppose I better clean my tack then
smirk.gif

I'm just thinking rain on harder ground = very slippery. I'm also early to go so any fence removing will probably be done after me.
Though hoping it p1sses it down during my dressage test so judge can't see and gives me all 8's
tongue.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys
Suppose I better clean my tack then
smirk.gif

. I'm also early to go so any fence removing will probably be done after me.

[/ QUOTE ]

on another wet year (2006) i did dressage on the last day of the weekend and it was bloody awful the tracks were like ploughed fields, was awful!! so be glad your on early
wink.gif

if your early i think you will have the better ground!!! dig out those big studs and the very best of luck!!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
They have cancelled one year. It was a quagmire. I think it was 2 years ago? I was very pleased as so not in the mood to compete.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They have cancelled one year. It was a quagmire. I think it was 2 years ago? I was very pleased as so not in the mood to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember that, all of the 'all weather' take off surface was floating in the puddles in front of the fences. I was not pleased, having spent 3 hrs driving all the way down there with 2 horses, especially when it was pretty obvious the day before that they wouldn't be able to run
mad.gif
They only cancelled after my class had started.
confused.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I work a couple of miles away as the crow flies! No where near as much rain as Devon but still wet. As for the ground don't know whether it will have had chance to really soak in or not. I competed there about a month ago and it was rock hard at the time then so it definitely needs some rain!!

U_T2009

Visit site
Hi all. I work on site. Very slippery on top atm as the ground is so hard underneath. Hopefully it will soak in tonight but with all this rain its going to be very wet tomorrow. Not sure what the weather is up to over the weekend but it does dry up there quickly provided we get some sun and a good strong breeze.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I doubt they will cancell but we have withdrawn as the stallion is too precious to us to risk at his age and the youngster did well at his last event, so will wait for Nutwell.
It's not nice there when it's wet but no worse than you would get out hunting.
We're going showing instead with a two and three year old, both of whom have had to be taught to trot when led today!
More for experience than with any thought of places, but it's indoors so the ground won't matter.

ColouredFan

Visit site
I got within a mile of SL that day when I saw ALOT of horseboxes coming the other way signaling us to turn around! called them and it was cancelled. very annoying when you have to clean the coloured horse that thinks he should be bay before you leave! But at least i didnt get wet!
grin.gif

Thats the only time i hve known them to cancel and the weather was pretty awful!